One of my favorite breakfast baked all into a casserole. This Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is made with an amazing sausage gravy bottom layer and topped with biscuit pieces and baked.
I can honestly say this is my very favorite breakfast casserole. I have always loved biscuits and gravy, it’s been a favorite for as long as I can remember. Every time I make it I think of my Granny. I remember spending the night at her house on the weekends and she always woke up early and had an amazing breakfast waiting for me. She let me sleep in as long as I wanted and watch TV as late as I wanted, and then waking up to the best homemade sausage gravy.
You want to start by cooking your ground breakfast sausage. I used turkey sausage, but any ground sausage you have will work. Once your sausage is cooked you want to add flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper right to the skillet. Cook together until your flour mixture is competently adsorbed, this makes your gravy nice and think. Time to add your milk and simmer until your gravy has thickened. Once it has a good thickness add it to the bottom of a casserole dish. Preheat your oven and then cut your biscuits into 4 pieces. Add all the biscuits to the top of your casserole dish and bake. Once baked brush the tops of your biscuits with melted butter.
A new twist on a classic breakfast, biscuits and gravy casserole
- 1 pound Breakfast sausage
- 4 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Melted butter
- 1 can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
- In a large skillet brown ground sausage until cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl mix together flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add to skillet with ground sausage and cook until absorbed.
- Add milk and stir. Bring to a simmer, cook, and frequently stir on low around 5 minutes while gravy starts to thicken.
- Pour gravy into a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice canned biscuits into 4 pieces and add to the top of the gravy. Bake for 15-20 minutes until your biscuits are golden brown. Last brush the top of the biscuits with melted butter. Serve and enjoy this yummy breakfast!
More Recipes For YOU:
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH