Casseroles should be listed as a love language. I mean who can't love this classic comfort food that you probably ate as a kid.
My mom loved making casseroles and I haven't given up the tradition. This Cheeseburger Casserole is a classic and a dinner recipe that my entire family loved.
When the kids eat it, you know you're doing something right.
How to make Cheeseburger Casserole:
Start by cooking your noodles according to the box directions. Make sure they are al dente, as the noodles will cook more in the casserole as well. While the noodles are cooking, cook and prepare your ground beef.
Add the other casserole ingredients to the meat and get them all mixed well. Mix the noodles and meat in the casserole dish and add your cheese. Bake to perfection and enjoy!
- Rotini Noodles: You can use other pasta you have on hand, penne or elbow would work.
- Ground Beef: I used a leaner ground beef 80/20 but you can also use ground turkey for this recipe.
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Cheese: I use shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
Step One - Start by boiling your noodles. Meanwhile in a large skillet brown ground beef. Add garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion, ketchup, and mustard to the beef.
Step Two - Drain noodles and place them in a casserole dish. Mix in diced tomatoes, ground beef, and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese.
Step Three - Place the other ½ cup of cheese on top of the casserole.
Step Four - Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 10-15 minutes or until your cheese is fully melted.
How to store Cheeseburger Casserole:
One thing good about this meal is you should have a lot of leftovers. We love eating this for lunch over the next couple of days.
The best way to store this meal is in an airtight container. Store sealed in the refrigerator for up to 7 days once cooked.
Can you freeze this casserole?
This casserole is great frozen as well. I make it often for friends that just had a baby or are homesick.
You can freeze this casserole in an airtight-covered freezer container for up to three months.
Try some of my other great casseroles:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole - This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is loaded with creamy Alfredo sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken, bacon, and baked with cheese. The perfect comfort food and a dinner that won over my entire family! The flavors will be a family favorite for years to come!
Chicken and Rice Casserole - This simple Chicken and Rice Casserole only take a few ingredients and it bakes in 15 minutes or less. It's creamy and cheesy and a recipe that you are going to love. This is a great recipe to make and serve a large group of people or the next potluck you got to!
Beef Enchilada Casserole - This easy Beef Enchilada Casserole is loaded with flavor and so simple to make. Prep takes 20 minutes or less and then you just have to bake.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 10 oz rotini noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup onion
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- Start by boiling your noodles. Meanwhile in a large skillet brown ground beef. Add garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion, ketchup, and mustard to beef.
- Drain noodles and place in a casserole dish. Mix in diced tomatoes, ground beef, and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese.
- Place the other ½ cup of cheese on top on the casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 10-15 minutes or until your cheese is fully melted.