This Cherry Dump Cake is super easy to make. Made with only four ingredients, this dessert will become an instant family favorite. Don't forget to top it with some Vanilla Ice Cream!
I have been on a cake making spree lately. Dump Cakes and Poke Cakes have been on the dessert menu for what seems like weeks.
My kids love them, and they are easy to make so why not!
This Cherry Dump Cake is really tasty. The cherry pie filling mixes in great with the yellow cake mix. It really is a match made in heaven!
How to make a Cherry Dump Cake:
Dump Cakes are just as the name states, essentially dump your ingredients into the pan and bake.
Mix up your pie filling and the almond extract and spread on the bottom of your baking dish.
Sprinkle the cake mix all over the pie filling and then pour the melted butter evenly over the whole cake.
Bake and enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Almond Extract
- Unsalted Butter
Step One - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step Two - Mix cherry pie filling with almond extract and place in the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
Step Three - Sprinkle all of your yellow cake mix over your cherry pie filling.
- Tip: Use the whole box and break up any large clumps of the mix that may fall out.
Step Four - Melt butter then evenly pour over your cake mix.
- Tip: Make sure the butter covers the whole cake as this is what really makes it get golden brown.
Step Five - Place in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes or until your topping is golden brown.
What's so special about a Dump Cake?
A Dump Cake is a mix up of a cake and a cobbler. It usually consists of a fruit or pie like filling, mixed together with a box of cake mix and some kind of fat.
They are very sweet and taste amazing with some whipped cream or ice cream on top.
How do you store a dump cake?
With the fruit filling you want to store this dump cake in the refrigerator. If your casserole dish has a cover, cover your cake and put in the frig. It will last 7 days at best in the refrigerator.
Try some of my other Dump Cakes:
Apple Spice Dump Cake - Three ingredients later and you have the best fall dessert. This super simple 3 Ingredient Apple Spice Dump Cake is full of flavor and the simplest dessert you will make this fall.
Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake - The easiest dessert you will make this fall! This Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake is packed with fall flavor that you are going to love.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Cherry Dump Cake
- 15.25 oz yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 42 oz cherry pie filling (2 cans)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cups unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix cherry pie filling with almond extract and place in the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle all of your yellow cake mix over your cherry pie filling.
- Melt butter then evenly pour over your cake mix.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes or until your topping is golden brown.