Frozen dark red cherries mixed with yogurt and bananas make this Cherry Smoothie delicious. Full of flavor this is a great breakfast smoothie or afternoon snack.
Smoothies are a favorite breakfast choice of my kids. They are easy to make and always taste good.
This Cherry Smoothie is both tart and sweet. The banana and vanilla yogurt really make this creamy and smooth.
How to make a Cherry Smoothie:
Smoothies are really easy to make.
All you have to do is put all the ingredients into the blender and then blend until you reach the consistency you desire.
Serve and enjoy!
- Frozen Cherries
- Vanilla Yogurt - you can use regular or Greek yogurt for this.
- Banana - sliced for easier blending
- Milk - I used 2%
Step One - Add your vanilla yogurt, frozen cherries, banana, and milk to your blender.
- Cold Smoothie Tip: Freeze your banana slices for about an hour before making the smoothie. If you don't have time to freeze the bananas replace with ice cubes when blending. The frozen bananas or ice cubes will make the smoothie colder.
Step Two - Blend until smooth. Add more milk to get the desired consistency.
My cherries are very tart, how can I sweeten the smoothie?
Ideally the banana and vanilla yogurt will give you the sweetness you need to offset the tartness of the cherries.
I find that adding a sweetener like honey helps a lot.
Adding a tablespoon of honey will add the sweetness you want, and honey blends really will.
What can you add to smoothies?
Smoothies are a great way to get your kids to eat their daily fruits and veggies! Here are some great additions to smoothies that even the pickiest eaters won't catch.
- Add some spinach or kale to the smoothie. The vitamins and nutrients from these are great for you and your kids. They are not strong so the flavors will not be noticeable in the smoothie.
- Peanut Butter. Add some creamy peanut butter or peanut butter powder for some added protein!
- More Fruit. Add in some strawberries or blueberries for the added antioxidants and nutrients.
Try some of my other favorite smoothies:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie - An easy breakfast or a healthy snack this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is perfect for either.
Apple Pie Smoothie - This Apple Pie Smoothie will keep you satisfied with the apple a day all year long!
Sunshine Smoothie - This Sunshine Smoothie is the perfect summer time drink. It's loaded with tropical flavor and easy to make.
Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 ½ cups frozen cherries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup milk
- Add your vanilla yogurt, frozen cherries, banana, and milk to your blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk to get the desired consistency.
Leave a Reply