Today I want to share my all time favorite cookie recipe with you the Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
I may say this about a lot of my cookie recipes but really, this one is my FAVORITE! I'm a peppermint/mint lover. When Christmas time comes I could eat everything in peppermint flavor. I do believe I will be talking my children into making these for Santa every year. I heard a rumor that he loves peppermint cookies as well 😉
Like It Pin It:
let's get cooking!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- All Purpose Flour 1 ½ cup
- Baking Cocoa ½ cup
- Bakins Soda ½ tsp
- Butter unsalted and melted, ½ cup
- Light Brown Sugar ¾ cup
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup
- Egg 1 whole and 1 yoke
- Peppermint extract 1 tsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips 1 cup (plus a handful for topping)
- Sift or whisk together flour, cocoa, and baking soda then set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, egg yoke, peppermint extract, and water.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients then fold in peppermint chips.
- Refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Take your extra handful of peppermint chips and press a few on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (don't over bake these!).
- Remove and let cook on a rack.
More Recipes For You: