When winter comes, peppermint comes with it too! Move over Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint is here! This Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect winter and holiday drink. Enjoy with marshmallows and a candy cane.
I love having a cup of hot chocolate almost nightly during the winter. I put the kids to bed and relax with a hot cup of hot chocolate.
This recipe for Peppermint Hot Chocolate is so good! The peppermint added is a great flavor addition to hot chocolate and it is so enjoyable!
Serve it up with some marshmallows and an extra candy cane if you wish! Enjoy while your watch your favorite Christmas movie!
How to make Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
Hot Chocolate is pretty simple to make on the stovetop. You want to start by heating your milk and cream over a low heat.
Make sure as to not overheat it and burn the milk. Once the milk is warmed, add your other ingredients.
Stir constantly to keep the hot chocolate mixed well and to keep it from burning. Once everything is mixed and the chocolate chips are fully melted, serve hot and enjoy!
- Heavy Whipping Cream - heavy cream gives this a rich flavor
- Milk - use whatever milk you have on hand. I used 2%
- Sugar - white granulated sugar
- Salt - this rea.ly helps cut some sweet and bring out flavors.
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips - semi-sweet is perfect since milk would make this recipe to rich
- Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Optional toppings: peppermints, marshmallows, or whipped cream for topping.
Step One - Add heavy whipping cream, milk, sugar, and salt to a saucepan. Heat over low heat until milk steams but be careful not to boil.
- Cooking Tip: Be sure to not burn the milk. Stirring frequently will help prevent this.
Step Two - To warmed milk, add semi-sweet chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
Step Two continued - Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Step Three - Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Can this recipe be made in a slow cooker?
Having a party and you want to serve this hot to a large group of people? You can double or triple the batch in a slow cooker.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and then cook on the lowest setting for 3 or 4 hours.
Stir it a few times during the cooking process to make sure everything is mixed well. Serve it hot right out of the slow cooker.
Try some of my other favorite Hot Chocolate Recipes:
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate - This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is simple to make and taste amazing. With just 5 easy ingredients and a few hours in the slow cooker you can serve up a creamy and delicious homemade hot chocolate.
Frozen Hot Chocolate - Your favorite winter drink blended with ice into the perfect winter drink! This Frozen Hot Chocolate is the perfect winter time treat. It may be cold outside, but this Frozen Hot Chocolate can really bring a warm smile to the face of anyone who drinks it!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate - This Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is rich and creamy and made with real pumpkin puree. It is perfect for the cool evenings, sitting down with a good book, or sharing with friends!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional: peppermints, marshmallows, or whipped cream for topping.
- Add heavy whipping cream, milk, sugar, and salt to a saucepan. Heat over low heat until milk steams but be careful not to boil.
- To warmed milk, add semi-sweet chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Leave a Reply