The Classic Apple Pie recipe never goes out of style. It’s the perfect recipe for the holidays and the one that is on my menu every Thanksgiving.
Pie is one of my favorites. Warm fruit in a flaky crust topped with ice cream of course. When the holidays roll around I have pies are top on my baking list. Cherry, chocolate, peach, raspberry, but nothing beats the classic apple pie.
Start by peeling and slicing your apples. Then toss them into a mixing bowl and mix the rest of your filling. Then dump it on into your pie pan.
I used to take short cuts and just buy store-bought pie crust. Once I found out how easy it was to make my own I never turned back. If you want to make a homemade crust stop by and grab this simple foolproof recipe, Homemade Pie Crust. I think if you all knew how easy it was to make homemade pie crust, you will do it every time!
You can top the pie in a variety of ways. You can roll your crust on top and poke holes or make a pretty design, or cut strips and make a lattice pattern. It all tastes the same after!
Bake and top with ice cream or whipped cream. You just can’t have apple pie without a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
A Classic Apple Pie. One you will make year after year. Homemade pie crust and sweet apples make this classic pie amazing!
- 1 Use my above recipe or a store bought crust.
- 8 cups Granny Smith apples. cored pealed, and sliced
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare dough and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together apples, lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place 1/2 of dough into the bottom of a pie pan and fill with apple mix and top with other 1/2 of dough. Poke holes in the top or lay out crust and slice with a pizza cutter into stripes and place criss cross on top of the pie.
- Whisk together water and egg yolk and brush on top of the crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown. To keep your edges from burner add foil around the edges of the pie.