This Easy Classic Lasagna is simple to make and comes out perfectly! Loaded with Italian spices and lots of cheese it's a family favorite for sure.
Easy Classic Lasagna
Lasagna is my husbands all time favorite food. I have made it several time over the years we have been married and he told me this one was the BEST I have ever made. So lucky for you I wrote it all down this time so I can share it with you.
How to make Easy Classic Lasagna:
Step one: Start by cooking your ground beef on a skillet over medium heat. Drain out the fat then put it back on the burner and add onion and then your garlic. I usually add in the garlic the last 30 seconds to make sure it doesn't burn. Cook for a few more minutes I would say one - two then go ahead and season with basil, oregano, and salt.
Step two: Now go ahead and dump in the jar of marinara sauce and set aside. In a separate bowl mix together ricotta, egg, and parsley. The egg I think will help hold everything together. Once that is done it's time to start building your lasagna.
Step three: Preheat your oven so it can be ready. Place about a cup of marinara mix in the bottom of a casserole dish, I used a 9x13 casserole dish. Add a layer of ricotta cheese mix, then marinara mix. and sprinkle with some mozzarella. Layer again with noddles, ricotta cheese mix, then marinara mix. and mozzarella. Layer until you reach the top. finish with noodles marinara mix and a good layer of mozzarella cheese.
Step four: It's time to cook! Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. Remove foil and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Allow it to sit in the game changer if you want the perfect cut out squares of lasagna. Otherwise, it could all fall apart on the plate. When you remove it from the oven set it to rest for at least 20-30 minutes. This is why leftover lasagna always comes out better then the day it's made. Let everything settle and then when you slice it should come out perfectly for you.
Easy Classic Lasagna
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 cup White onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Basil (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 24 oz Marinara sauce
- 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 Egg (whisked)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 box Lasagna noodles (flat and no boil)
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Cook and crumble ground beef on a skillet. Drain fat and return to stovetop. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Season with basil, oregano, and salt. Add marinara sauce and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together ricotta, egg, and parsley.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place about a cup of marinara mix in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Place your first layer of noodles on top of that then add a layer of ricotta cheese mix, then marinara mix. and sprinkle with some mozzarella.
- Layer again with noddles, ricotta cheese mix, then marinara mix, and mozzarella. Depending on the size of the casserole dish you are using you can add in another layer until the dish is near to the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. Remove foil and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Allow setting for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Serve with more fresh chopped parsley for garnish. Enjoy!