Family Favorite Dinner:
I've always been a honey mustard fan. My favorite restaurants are based on how good their honey mustard is! Luckily my husband loved it just as much.
He put it on just about anything, from salads to sandwiches. As you can guess this Honey Mustard Chicken is a recipe we make a lot in my house and is well enjoyed by us all.
If your family loves honey mustard as much as mine then make sure to add these recipes to your menu like this simple Honey Mustard Pecan Chicken or this simple Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken.
You don't need much for this simple dinner recipe.
- Chicken breast: I used boneless and skinless chicken breast for this recipe. You can use any boneless and skinless cut of chicken you enjoy.
- Mustard: I used regular yellow mustard.
- Seasoning: For this recipe I used paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
Step Two: Whisk together mustard, honey, paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in your prepared baking dish. Pour in ¾ of your honey mustard on top of your chicken breast.
Step Three: Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken and cooked throughout. Serve your chicken topped with the remaining sauce on top.
Should I marinate the chicken overnight?
I have made the recipe both ways and while both taste amazing if you have time marinating the chicken overnight will help the flavor go through your chicken.
Place in a large freezer bag with your sauce and leave it in the fridge for 8-10 hours or overnight. No time? Don't worry this recipe still taste amazing cooked right away.
- When using different size chicken breasts try pounding some to make all the chicken even thickness. This way all your chicken will cook evenly.
- Use the right tools. Make sure you have a working food thermometer to check the temperature to ensure you do not overcook your chicken.
This recipe is a classic and can be served with lots of different things. We love doing a side salad or steamed veggies. Here are a few more of our favorite side dish recipes to serve with this chicken.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 large Chicken (boneless and skinless)
- ½ cup Mustard
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together mustard, honey, paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in your prepared baking dish. Pour in ¾ of your honey mustard on top of your chicken breast.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken and cooked through out. Serve your chicken topped with the remaining sauce on top.
What kind of mustard should be used? My mind automatically goes to yellow. Is that correct?
Yes, I used yellow! Hope you enjoy the recipe!
This looks GREAT and sounds super easy. I'll be making this tonight for my family! Thanks!
This looks good, I'm allergic to chicken (i know crazy?!) but will try with pork chops, it would probably work right?
Happily Ever Rushed
Saw you on the funky polkadot- This looks delicous, I love new ways to make chicken
This looks delightful! I love honey mustard as a dipping sauce so I'm sure this would be delicious!
xo Always, Abby