Seasoned taco meat, corn, and then topped with cornbread mix. Bake this Easy Cornbread Taco Pie for less then 30 minutes and dinner is ready. It's a new kind of taco recipe that you are sure to love. Yes, it is the best of both world's, it is a Taco filled Pie!!!
I'm sure you know by now how much we love to have taco flavored meals around here and today I'm sharing another favorite of mine.
My Taco Soup is one of my reader's favorites and today I am sharing another favorite taco recipe with you. This Easy Cornbread Taco Pie is easy to make a family favorite.
How to make Easy Cornbread Taco Pie:
This recipe is pretty easy to make! Cook your taco meat and the add your other ingredients. Fill your pie pan with the meat, tip with corn, and then top with your cornbread. Bake and then serve!
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream Cheese
- Cornbread Mix
- Shredded Cheese
- Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then prepare a pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: Next cook your ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat and return to stove top. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are well combined. Add this to your prepared pie pan.
- Tip: Make sure everything is drained well before adding it to your pie pan. This will help during baking to keep the base from getting soupy.
Step three: Now drain your corn well and add to the top of your pie.
- Tip: You can substitute out the same amount of fresh or frozen corn instead of canned.
Step four: Mix your cornbread according to box instructions. Mine called for 1 egg and ⅓ cup milk. Spoon this on top of your pie. And last top it with shredded cheese.
Step five: Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
Top this recipe with this great options!
I love to have additional taco toppings for this recipe.
- Sour Cream adds the perfect amount of creamy goodness to the cornbread.
- Guacamole is a nice rich and colorful topping for this.
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo can add some additional spice to this.
- Jalapenos are a great addition to add some heat to this recipe. Add them in the meal if you want or on top with the sour cream!
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, you sure can make this ahead of time! Once your cook your meat and add the ingredients for the taco pie, drain it and allow it to cook.
Fill your pie pan once it is fully cooled top with corn and the cornbread mix. No need to add the shredded cheese at this point.
Wrap the pie with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for up to 3-5 days. Allow the pie to reach room temperature before baking.
Can this recipe be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze this before or after baking. Freezing before baking follow the same steps above to prepare ahead of time.
I recommend an aluminum or tin pie pan if freezing or a baking dish that has a cover. Cover your pie with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
Can stay frozen for up to about 2 months at best. When ready to bake, allow pie to thaw completely before baking.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Easy Cornbread Taco Pie
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 packet Taco seasoning
- 1 cup Salsa
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1 can Corn
- 1 box Cornbread mix (8.5oz)
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ½ cup Shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Start by cooking your ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat and return to stove top. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are well combined. Add this to your prepared pie pan.
- Drain corn well and add to the top of your pie.
- Mix your cornbread according to box instructions. Mine called for 1 egg and ⅓ cup milk. Spoon this on top of your pie. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through. Optional: garnish with fresh cilantro.