It’s the perfect party food and one that will please a crowd. This Easy Nacho Casserole is layered with tortilla chips, season ground beef, and lots of cheese. It’s one you HAVE to try!
Easy Nacho Casserole
How to make Easy Nacho Casserole:
Start by heating oil in a skillet. Once warm add ground beef and cook until browned. Seasoning with taco seasoning, add cream cheese and salsa and mix together until cream cheese is melted and well combined. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a casserole dish start the layering. Tortilla chips, beef, and shredded cheese. Layer once more than place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and topped with diced bell pepper and cilantro
Can I make this with Doritos:
You can, of course, use any chip you like for this recipe. I have only tried it with white corn tortilla chips but a flavored Dorito chip would work perfectly. My only suggestion would be to use less seasoning on your beef to not overpower with flavor.
Why use cream cheese in this recipe?
I love adding cream cheese to my ground beef when cooking. With the salsa and seasoning, it has a wonderful taste and stays on the chip perfectly. If you prefer to skip the cream cheese and after cooking add sour cream on top of your nachos.
Make this recipe your own:
- Use a flavored tortilla chip
- Add corn or black beans with your beef.
- Use dice jalapeños instead of a bell pepper for some spice.
- Top with diced avocado and fresh tomatoes.
What more perfect party food?
Fiesta Taco Dip: A simple side for taco night. This Fiesta Taco Dip has been a family favorite for a long time and you are going to have to try it.
Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball: Shredded cheddar, ranch seasoning, and bacon! You can’t go wrong with this Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball. It’s simple to make and a real crowd pleaser.
Meatball Italians Sliders: The BEST meatball placed between bread. I topped it with Mariana sauce, cheese, and then baked. These Meatball Italian Sliders are perfect for a quick dinner or fun appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 2 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 Red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Optional cilantro Optional
- Heat oil in a skillet. Once warm add ground beef and cook until browned. Seasoning with taco seasoning, add cream cheese and salsa and mix together until cream cheese is melted and well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish start layering. Tortilla chips, beef, and shredded cheese. Layer once more then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and topped with diced bell pepper and cilantro