These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a great side dish that goes with so many meals! Buttery and full of garlic flavor you will love these mashed potatoes!
Mashed Potatoes are on a weekly rotation at our house. I make them a lot. One big reason is everyone at the table will eat them. Even my 2 picky eaters will eat mashed potatoes without any hesitation. Another big reason is they are a side dish that are really easy to make. These Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a great side dish to serve. Rich buttery flavor, creamy and a nice touch of garlic make these potatoes shine.
How to make Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
This side dish is really simple to make. Wash and peel your potatoes and get them into a large pot to boil. In a skillet, cook your garlic in butter. Once nice and browned add the half and half and mix. Add in the garlic half and half and then mash your potatoes. Use a hand or stand mixer if needed to make them smooth. Add some more butter or half and half if they seem dry.
- Russet Potatoes
- Unsalted Butter
- Garlic Cloves
- Half and Half - more if needed
- Grated Parmesan
Step Four - Last add in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix then serve and enjoy. I garnished my potatoes with diced chives.
How long to keep mashed potatoes in the fridge:
I suggest you only keep the mashed potatoes in the fridge for no longer than 2 days. They make the perfect dish for holidays to make ahead of time and reheat the day of.
How to reheat mashed potatoes:
To reheat these mashed potatoes, I started but giving them a good stir. Then placed them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until they are warm throughout. You can add more butter or milk as needed but I heat them up as is.
Try some of my other favorite Mashed Potato recipes:
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - Ready to try my favorite side dish made in your slow cooker! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make and taste great, plus no boiling beforehand.
Cheddar Ranch Mashed Potatoes - These perfect Cheddar Ranch Mashed Potatoes are super creamy and smooth. They are a great side dish with your next steak or pork chop! Everyone will love them!
Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes - These Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes are loaded with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, then topped with green onions. They are simple to make and taste amazing.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 ½ pounds Russet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Butter (unsalted)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Half and Half (more as needed)
- ¾ cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Peel, wash, and dice potatoes. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Cook on the stovetop until potatoes are fork tender.
- In a skillet over medium/high heat cook garlic and half and half. Add in butter, allow to melt, and bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Drain cooked potatoes and return to pot. Add in warmed half and half and garlic mix. Mashed potatoes and garlic. Add in more half and half as desired to get preferred consistently. Keep masking with a potato masher or for a whipped texture use an alethic hand mixer to mix potatoes.
- Last add in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix then serve and enjoy. I garnished my potatoes with diced chives.