The perfect breakfast recipe. These Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins are a favorite with my kids and they are so simple to make.
I love making homemade muffins for breakfast. We usually have enough to get 2-3 breakfast out of them so making one match goes along way. These Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins are some of my kid's favorites.
The Greek yogurt keeps these super moist, and also adds a nice protein to the muffins for a heartier breakfast.
How to make Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins:
Start by mixing in your wet ingredients. Slowly mix in all the remaining ingredients except the blueberries. Once the batter is mixed you will fold in the blueberries.
Fill your muffin liners in the muffin pan and then bake. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 to 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- All-Purpose Flour
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Fresh Blueberries
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Then prepare a 12 regular size muffins tin with nonstick cooking spray or cupcake liners.
Step two: Now in a large bowl beat milk, oil, yogurt, and egg. Once well mixed well add in one at a time your flour, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Step three: Use a spoon to gently fold in blueberries. You want to try not and break up the blueberries too much so don't use an electric mixer for this step.
- Tip: If you can't get fresh blueberries frozen ones will work for this recipe. Mix them in frozen and do not thaw them.
Step four: Once everything is mixed then you can pour batter evenly into each prepared muffin tin.
Step five: Last bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then serve.
Freeze/Store Greek Yogurt Blueberries Muffins:
To store these muffins for 2-3 days you can place them in an airtight container or a large baggie with a seal.
To freeze your muffins allow them to cool completely after baking. Place them in a large freezer bag and keep in the freezer for up to three months.
When you are ready to eat them allow them to thaw in the fridge and warm them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Here are some of my other Blueberry Muffin Recipes:
If you love breakfast muffins you should try these out now.
Classic Blueberry Muffins - What makes the best Blueberry Muffin? Well, this recipe full of fresh blueberries and a sugar topping, these will remind you just like the muffins you would get from the local bakery!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins - These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the perfect muffin. Moist and bursting with blueberries, baked to a perfect golden-brown crust you will love these muffins and so will anyone who tries them.
Blueberry Pancake Muffins - The perfect simple breakfast recipe that the entire family will love. These Blueberry Pancake Mini Muffins are so simple to make and taste great!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a 12 regular size muffins tin with nonstick cooking spray or cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl beat milk, oil, yogurt, and egg. Once well mixed well add in one at a time your flour, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a spoon to gently fold in blueberries. (tip use frozen also but not thawed)
- Pour batter evenly into each prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then serve.
- If you can't get fresh blueberries frozen ones will work for this recipe. Mix them in frozen and do not thaw them.