These basic Mini Vanilla Cupcakes are soft and light then topped with a buttercream frosting. A simple cupcake recipe is the best. These are similar to my Vanilla Cupcake Recipes that I baked in a standard size muffin tin.
These Mini Vanilla Cupcakes are as delicious ad they are adorable. I love just about anything made in a mini muffin tin. They are the perfect bite-size treat and taste amazing. When hosting a birthday party nothing beats these adorable treats. I love topping mine with bright rainbow sprinkles. If you love this recipe then make sure to check out all these other recipes to use your mini muffin tin for.
Mini muffin tin recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pancake Mini Muffins
- Sugar Donut Mini Muffins
- Sausage Pancake Mini Muffins
- Mini Corn Bread Muffins
- Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Making these are pretty simple. For this recipe, I did use my stand mixer to make both the cupcakes and the frosting. If you don't have then a handheld mixer will perfectly fine. Here are a few things you might need for this recipe.
Step one: Preheat your oven and then prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. I just used a good amount of an oil-based cooking spray and my muffins came out perfectly.
Step two: Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
Step five: Spoon cupcake batter into your prepared mini muffin tin. You only want to fill each cupcake about ¾ the way full. This way they don't rise to much over and you end up with a top-heavy cupcake. Now bake until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely before icing.
Making homemade frosting is so simple. It only takes basic ingredients all whipped together. Start again with your electric mixer and cream together confectioners sugar and softened butter. Once well combined add in vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream then mix in again. Add to a piping bag and top on cooled cupcakes. I topped my cupcakes with sprinkles.
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer to beat eggs and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until eggs are a light yellow. While still mixing very slowly pour in melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in milk and your dry ingredients. Adding in a little at a time back and forth, scraping the sides as needed until all ingredients are well combined
- Spoon cupcake batter into your prepared mini muffin tin about ¾ the way full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely before icing.
- With an electric mixer cream together confectioners sugar and softened butter. Once well combined add in vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream then mix in again. Add to a piping bag and top on cooled cupcakes. Top with sprinkles.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH