This super creamy and cheese Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is full of flavor! This hearty meal is one that you will want to try out soon!
Why I made this recipe:
This recipe was a winner with my husband, and I think you will enjoy it also. It's full of flavor and so simple to make.
If you want a simple and easy recipe that you and even the kids will enjoy, then try this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta.
How to make Philly Cheesesteak Pasta:
Prep: To make this recipe really simple I used ground beef with peppers, onions, but skipped the mushrooms. If your family enjoys mushroom add them in!
Cook: Start by cooking the penne. In a large pot cook the ground beef and then drain the excess fat. Add in the onions and bell peppers and cook them until tender.
Mix and Melt: Add in all remaining ingredients and then cook until it is all heated and mixed well. Add the cheese as the last step and allow it to melt together.
Enjoy: To make this more kid friendly I added cream of mushroom soup instead of mushrooms.
It gave it a great creamy texture and my kids had no idea they would be eating mushrooms! 😉
- Pasta: I used penne pasta but you can also use other types you like best.
- Oil: I used olive oil but oil with a higher smoke point will work.
- Ground Beef: You can easily use ground turkey for a lighter version of this recipe.
- Onion: diced to bite size pieces
- Bell Peppers: I used green, orange, and yellow bell peppers all diced.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Cheese: I used Provolone Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese. I used slice Provolone since that is what I could find in my store.
Step One - Start by cooking your penne according to package directions.
Once cooked drain and set aside.
Step Two - In a large pot add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ground beef.
Cook and crumble. Once it is almost cooked drain fat.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil along with diced onions and bell peppers.
Step Three - Cook until beef is cooked, and veggies are tender then add cooked pasta back to the pot and turn on low heat.
Step Four - Add cream of mushroom, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well until noodles are coated.
Last, add cheese and mix until melted. Serve it and enjoy!
How to store the leftover pasta:
This pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days once it has been cooked. Keep it in an airtight storage container.
Reheat it in the microwave or back on the stovetop in a skillet. Add some more cheese to the when reheating to give it some more cheesy creaminess.
Can this pasta be frozen?
This pasta is a great meal that can be frozen and saved for later. It is a great option to bring to a meal train that a family can freeze until they are ready to eat it.
When my friends have had new babies, I like to bring over a meal or two for them when they get home, and this is one that I make often.
When the meal is done being cooked, take it off the heat and allow it too fully cool. Once the pasta has cooled fill it in a gallon freezer bag or another type of freezer container.
Place it in the freezer and store it for up to 3 months. When ready to eat it, allow it to thaw for about 24 hours, and then reheat in a skillet.
Try some of my other favorite pasta dishes:
One Pan taco Pasta - This simple One-Pan Taco Pasta means fewer dishes for you after dinner and a happy family during dinner.
Chicken Fajita Pasta - Creamy and cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta. My two favorites coming together, Mexican and pasta combined in a flavorful cream sauce.
Beefaroni - This Homemade Beefaroni recipe is easy to make and better than the box you buy at the store! Everyone will love this classic boxed dinner, done right!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 cups bell peppers (diced)
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 8 sliced provolone cheese (diced)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Start by cooking your penne according to package directions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
- In a large pot add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ground beef. Cook and crumble. Once it is almost cooked drain fat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil along with diced onions and bell peppers.
- Cook until beef is cooked, and veggies are tender then add cooked pasta back to the pot and turn on low heat.
- Add cream of mushroom, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well until noodles are coated. Last, add cheese and mix until melted. Serve it and enjoy!
loved this! so easy to make and tastes so good!
I've made this pasta with chicken and feel that it is Amazing. My 7 years old son loved this pasta very much and me too.
So happy to hear that!!