Creamy and cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta. My two favorites coming together, Mexican and pasta combined in a flavorful cream sauce.
Making this Chicken Fajita Pasta was a huge hit with my family. The cheesy pasta with our favorite taco flavors all come together perfectly in this dinner.
Easy to make, and full of flavor everyone should enjoy this meal, including your kids!
How to make Chicken Fajita Pasta:
Prep: Start by cooking your penne pasta according to the box directions. While the noodles are cooking dice your peppers and onions. Get them in a large pot with the oil and garlic.
Cook: Dice your chicken into small cubes and add to the pot along with the seasoning.
Cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Once the chicken is cooked you will add the Rotel, cream and noodles.
Mix and Serve: Mix everything together and add the cheese. Allow it all to melt together and serve it once it is mixed.
- Penne Pasta - any pasta will work for this recipe.
- Olive Oil - you can also use coconut or avocado oil. Any oil with a high smoker pointer.
- Onion - yellow diced onions.
- Bell Peppers - I used green, red and yellow bell peppers.
- Minced Garlic - you can use fresh minced garlic are jarred pre-minced garlic.
- Chicken Breast - or any cut of chicken that is boneless and skinless.
- Fajita Seasoning
- Heavy Cream
- Rotel- this is just canned diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Cheese - shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
Step One - Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
Step Two - Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan.
Add diced veggies and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step Three - Cut chicken into small cubes and place in the pan with veggies.
Season with fajita seasoning.
Step Four - Add cream, Rotel, and pasta into pan with chicken and veggies and mix well.
Add in shredded cheese and mix until melted and well combined.
Toppings for Chicken Fajita Pasta:
So, you may not realize it, but you can add some more toppings to this pasta to make it even better!
Top with some cilantro or diced green onions.
Add some jalapeno slices for some spice, or for added creaminess add some cubed avocado.
How to store this pasta:
This pasta is best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 to 10 days.
It is great for leftovers. Reheat in the microwave for a quick lunch.
You can freeze this pasta for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer container.
What to serve with this pasta:
I love to serve this pasta with some tortilla chips and Homemade Salsa and Homemade Queso!
Try some of my other favorite Pasta recipes:
Rasta Pasta - Rasta Pasta is a cheesy, creamy pasta loaded with red, yellow, and green bell peppers and Jamaican Jerk seasoning! This colorful and flavorful pasta is my take on a traditional Jamaican dinner!
Cheesy Taco Pasta - This Cheesy Taco Pasta is SO simple to make and SO delicious! With just 5 ingredients this recipe is made in less than 30 minutes and one that your entire family will love.
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta - This super creamy and cheese Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is full of flavor! This hearty meal is one that you will want to try out soon!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 3 cups Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 3 large Bell pepper
- 1 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 2 pounds Chicken breast (boneless and skinless )
- 1 oz Fajita seasoning
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 20 oz Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add diced veggies and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and place in the pan with veggies. Season with fajita seasoning.
- Add cream, Ro-tel, and pasta into pan with chicken and veggies and mix well. Add in shredded cheese and mix until melted and well combined.
You seriously post the best recipes; so glad I found your site!!
Christina :: Simple and Delish
Thanks so much Christina! You made my day and i'm so glad you enjoy the recipes!