Creamy and cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta. My two favorites coming together, Mexican and pasta combined in a flavorful cream sauce.
Chicken Fajita Pasta
My family loved Mexican food. We could eat it almost everyday of the week. I found a great new recipes to add to our Mexican food night list this, Chicken Fajita Pasta. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did.
I mean could you get even more perfect in this dinner combination, pasta and Mexican food! Oh yes! I really don’t know what I love more about this meal though, the yummy-ness or the fact that we only had to use one dish! This stuff is awesome and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! If you want more fajita recipes check these out next.
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Kabobs
- Chicken Fajita Sliders
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Chicken Fajita Rollups
How to make Chicken Fajita Pasta:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan.
- Add diced veggies and cook.
- Place in the pan with veggies.
- Season with fajita seasoning.
- Add cream, ro-tel, and pasta.
- Add in shredded cheese and mix until melted and well combined.
Can I use taco seasoning?
I have made this recipe several times and use both taco and fajita seasoning, whatever is in the pantry at the time will work. If you want to make it homemade then check out my recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
Have leftover penne pasta? Try these recipes next:
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Penne: This dish is so simple to make and works as a main dish with a salad or even the perfect side to a meal.
Philly Cheesesteak Penne: One of my favorite recipes made with penne pasta, ground beef, peppers, and loaded with cheese.
Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne: This simple pasta dish is one the entire family will love.
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 3 cups Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 3 large Bell pepper
- 1 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 2 pounds Chicken breast (boneless and skinless )
- 1 oz Fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 20 oz Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add diced veggies and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and place in the pan with veggies. Season with fajita seasoning.
- Add cream, ro-tel, and pasta into pan with chicken and veggies and mix well. Add in shredded cheese and mix until melted and well combined.