Rasta Pasta is a cheesy, creamy pasta loaded with red, yellow, and green bell peppers and Jamaican Jerk seasoning! This colorful and flavorful pasta is my take on a traditional Jamaican dinner!
Believe it or not, I just learned about Rasta Pasta this year! I had never heard of it before and then when I did, I knew I had to make it for the blog. This is my take on a traditional Jamaican meal.
This recipe is loaded with colorful bell peppers, flavorful Jamaican Jerk seasoning, cream and Parmesan cheese. When cooked together the end result is this awesome Rasta Pasta!
How to make Rasta Pasta:
Start by cooking your penne according to box directions. The cook your peppers until they are tender, and add in your other veggies. Next add your chicken and seasoning to the pan and mix well as it all cooks together. Add your liquid and then once that is mixed in and heated well add your cheese. Once the cheese is melted you are ready to eat!
- Penne Pasta
- Bell Peppers - sliced. You need a green, red and yellow pepper for this recipe.
- Green Onion - sliced.
- Minced Garlic
- Cooked Chicken - diced or shredded. Use my All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken recipe if you need a recipe for cooked chicken.
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Grated Parmesan
Step Five - Add chicken broth and heavy cream to your skillet. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Then add in grated parmesan cheese and cooked pasta. Mix and serve.
What kind of chicken should I use?
I usually prepare my All Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken on Sundays and have it for the week for my different dinners. You also could use my Air Fryer Chicken recipe. A rotisserie chicken would work great too!
Can I substitute anything for the heavy cream?
You could use coconut or almond milk instead of heavy cream. It will be lighter, but also have a slight different flavor due to the different milk used.
What is Jerk Seasoning?
Jamaican Jerk seasoning is a spicy blend of some everyday spices. The main ingredients in it are Allspice, Thyme, Nutmeg, and Scotch bonnet peppers. You can sweeten it up a little with some brown sugar.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 3 large bell peppers (sliced)
- ⅓ cup green onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning (divided)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked to al dente drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a large deep skillet or a pot heat oil. Add sliced bell peppers to cook until tender. This could take 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in sliced green onions and garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- To the same skillet add in your cooked chicken, jerk seasoning, and salt. Mix and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream to your skillet. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Then add in grated parmesan cheese and cooked pasta. Mix and serve.