This simple Slow Cooker Poppy Seed Chicken recipe is perfect for dinner. Creamy chicken topped with crackers and seasoned with poppy seeds.
I love a good chicken dinner and when it's made in the slow cooker it's even better.
This Slow Cooker Poppy Seed Chicken is so simple to make and the perfect dinner for the family, even my kids loved this one.
If you love this recipe make sure to also try this ritz cracker chicken casserole. It's another family favorite I think you will love.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe.
- Chicken: I used boneless and skinless breast
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour Cream
- Butter: I used unsalted butter.
- Seasonings: I used poppyseeds, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Slow Cooker Poppy Seed Chicken:
Step one: Get started by mixing together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons poppy seeds in a small mixing bowl.
Step two: Next place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the above mixture onto your chicken.
Step three: Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Once cooked shred chicken.
Step four: Last mix together crushed crackers and melted butter then add to the top of your chicken. Then just sprinkle on the remaining poppy seeds.
Frozen Chicken: I usually use fresh chicken but frozen can be used for this recipe as well. Check on it with the same cooking time but more might be needed.
Oven Directions: To make this in the oven start with cooked and shredded chicken. Mix the cooked chicken with the cream of chicken mix then top with crackers and remaining poppy seed and bake at 350 degrees F until warm throughout about 25 minutes.
Freezer Directions: Place chicken and all ingredients except for crackers and butter into a large freezer bag. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. Mix well and place in the slow cooker. Cook and top with crackers according to directions.
Ritz Chicken Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite chicken recipes made with buttery Ritz crackers.
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken: This recipe is another simple slow cooker recipe that I think you are going to love.
- Ritz Chicken Tenders: This recipe is my kid's all-time favorite recipe, it's a must-try.
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole: This casserole is a favorite with my readers and one we get great reviews on!
- Baked Ritz Chicken: This baked chicken recipe is coated in crackers and baked. The perfect chicken recipe.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Poppy Seed Chicken
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (crushed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons poppy seeds.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and pour the above mixture onto your chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Once cooked shred chicken.
- Mix together crushed crackers and melted butter then add to the top of your chicken. Sprinkle on the remaining poppy seeds.
Have you made this recipe in an instant pot? Thinking I may give it a go or try the slow cooker function on my instant pot which I've never used.
I have not tried yet but if you do let me know!