This recipe holds so many memories for me. Snow Ice Cream is the perfect treat for snow days. It's simple to make and only uses 3 simple ingredients. You just need snow, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
Snow ice cream is a classic snow day recipe. My kids love helping collecting snow and mix up this recipe as they enjoy a snow day.
- Sweetened condensed milk
Step one: Start by collecting your snow. Then in a large mixing bowl mix fresh snow with sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Step two: Now all you need to do is scoop your ice cream to serve and top with your favorite ice cream toppings.
FAQ and Tips:
What kind of snow is best? I use a light more powdery snow for this recipe.
If your snow is more wet and heavy then you might need to use less then 12 cups. You can always add more while mixing.
What should I add to my ice cream? We love topping our ice cream with whipped cream and sprinkles and the kids even added chocolate syrup.
Any of your favorite ice cream toppings will work.
This ice cream will melt quickly so hot fudge would not work well.
Is it safe to eat snow? Snow is generally safe to eat. You want to make sure you are only using pure white snow.
Nothing with color that could have other things in it.
We stay away from snow that is on the soil or the street. I usually collect fresh snow from a table on my porch.
Other snow day recipes:
Comfort food is my favorite for snow days. Here are a few that we love to make on a snow day.
- Tomato soup: Really any soup is great for a snow day but this one is my favorite)
- Beef stew: This recipe is so simple to make and one that my mom would make on snow days for us.
- Slow cooker hot chocolate: The BEST drink for winter days. I love toss this in the slow cooker while we play in the snow.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Snow Ice Cream
- 12 cups fresh snow
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl mix fresh snow with sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Scoop ice cream to serve and top with your favorite ice cream toppings.