This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect warm and cozy meal. Full of flavor, hearty beef, and vegetables, you want to make sure this recipe is on your menu!
This is my go to fall/winter meal idea. I eat it the most during that time of the year but really this is a favorite all year round!
Just picture it, the fireplace going, the rain/snow falling, all cozied up with a warm bowl of beef stew.
Just ignore the pile of dishes, toys all over the floor, and the kid in the corner screaming at you and you have yourself the perfect cold weather night.
How to make Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
Slow Coker Beef Stew is such a great recipe to make. Not only is it hearty and filling, it will fill your house with an amazing aroma while it cooks.
Dredge your beef in the flour, then put all your ingredients into the slow cooker. Allow the stew to cook in the slow cooker, and you can go about your day.
When it's time to eat make some Mini Corn Bread Muffins to go along with the stew.
- Beef cubed for stew
- Minced Garlic and chopped onion
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Veggies: potatoes, celery, and baby Carrots
- Beef Broth
- Brown Gravy Mix and Water
Step One - Coat your beef with the flour and then place in slow cooker.
- Tip: coating the beef in flour helps thicken the stew and builds in the flavor of the beef.
Optional Step One - Brown your beef in a skillet to really enhance the flavor. While you can just add everything to the slow cooker, searing the beef before hand is an optional step that really brings out the flavor of the beef in the stew.
Step Two - Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
Step Three - Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low.
What should I serve with Beef Stew?
Well I already shared with you my Mini Corn Bread Muffins, but there are a few other good choices too. My Broccoli Salad is a great side choice for this stew as well.
What is the best beef to use for beef stew?
- Chuck Roasts - This is my favorite go to choice. It is very tender and great for stews.
- Bottom Round - a tad tougher piece of beef, but great for slow cooking for the stew.
- Rump Roast - the toughest of the options I would use, but if cubed small enough will tenderize and cook nicely.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 pounds Stew beef (cubed)
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Potatoes (cubed)
- 3 ribs Celery (diced)
- 1 pound Baby carrots
- 2 ½ cups Beef broth 1
- 1 package Brown Gravy mix (0.87 oz)
- 2 cups Water
- Coat your beef with the flour and then place in slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low.
- I served mine with warm corn bread muffins!
- Tip: coating the beef in flour helps thicken the stew and builds in the flavor of the beef