These Butter Swim Biscuits are biscuits baked in cake or casserole pan covered in butter to form a crispy crust with a super soft biscuit underneath the crust. These are perfect for breakfast.
These Butter Swim Biscuits are a baked buttermilk biscuit that is "swimming" in butter. They are great breakfast option and goes great with eggs and bacon! I serve these biscuits with some nice preserves.
These biscuits are super buttery and flaky. They have a crispy crust and a soft inside. I love these. Serve them at breakfast or brunch, everyone will enjoy them.
How to make Butter Swim Biscuits:
These biscuits are simple to make. Make a typical buttermilk biscuit mix. Then you cover the batter in melted butter and bake to golden perfection.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Butter - melted
Step Four continued - Spoon in dough and spread our evenly. Before baking use a butter knife to cut into 3 rows of squares.
Step Five - Bake for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips for making these biscuits:
- Watch your butter! Make sure when melting the butter, you watch to not burn it. The key to this recipe is having rich golden melted butter.
- Do not overmix the batter. Overmixing the batter will result in a lot of air getting into the dough. This will cause the biscuit to not be as light and fluffy on the inside.
- Do not over bake. With the butter in the pan, over-baking could result in burning the biscuits as well. You want that golden brown color, and if you pull them out of the over a tad early they will still bake in the pan.
How to store the biscuits:
Once the biscuits are cooled you can store them in a Ziplock baggie or an air-tight container. These biscuits will last about 5-7 days after baking. Warm them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds before serving again.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Butter Swim Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Pour buttermilk into your dry ingredients and gently mix making sure not to over mix.
- Pour melted butter into an 8x8 casserole dish. Spoon in dough and spread our evenly. Before baking use a butter knife to cut into 3 rows of squares.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.