A Stuffed Meatloaf is a ooey-gooey twist on a classic meatloaf recipe. Take your favorite meatloaf and fill the middle with mozzarella cheese for this soon to be favorite dinner dish!
I love making meatloaf. It is a meal both my husband and I grew up eating. He loves my Classic Meatloaf recipe. The kids love it too, which is great!
This Stuffed Meatloaf recipe is a new twist on the classic recipe. Think of a stuffed burger, hamburger meat filled with cheese. I load the inside of the meatloaf with fresh sliced mozzarella cheese to have a gooey inside.
How to make Stuffed Meatloaf:
Prepare your meatloaf meat according to the directions. Split the meat into 2 large balls or patties. Form one half of the meatloaf in the bottom of your meatloaf pan. Once the bottom half of the meatloaf is formed place your sliced mozzarella in the middle of it. Place the second half of the meatloaf on top of the mozzarella and make sure to pinch the sides closed. Spread the glaze on top and them bake.
- Ground Beef
- White Onion - finely minced
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Brown Sugar
Step Seven - Allow to bake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or until your meatloaf if cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and settle for several minutes then slice and serve.
Why does my meatloaf keep falling apart?
Meatloaf, just like hamburgers, need a binding agent to help hold it all together. That is why I use the eggs and breadcrumbs. When all mixed together the eggs and breadcrumbs help hold the meatloaf together during the baking process. Another reason why your meatloaf may be falling apart is due to overcooking it. Cooking it too long will dry it out and cause it to be crumbly.
Try some of my other favorite meatloaf recipes:
Turkey Meatloaf - Turkey Meatloaf is a classic recipe that is often forgotten. This meatloaf recipe is healthy made with lean ground turkey, full of flavor and super moist! This will become a favorite in your house for sure!
Honey BBQ Meatloaf - Just a little twist on your classic meatloaf recipe. This Honey BBQ Meatloaf is a family favorite plus it's so easy to make!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf - A classic dinner made in the slow cooker, you can't ask for much more. This Slow Cooker Meatloaf is must like the classic and one of my faovire recipes.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 small White onion (finely minced)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1⁄2+¼ cup Ketchup (divided)
- 8 oz fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking dish (9x13) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground beef, finely minced onion, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and 1⁄2 cup of ketchup.
- Gently mix with hands and then add half of the meat to the prepared dish in the shape of the base of the meatloaf.
- Top with sliced mozzarella making sure to leave room on the edges.
- Top with remaining meatloaf mixture. Shape into a meatloaf and press around to seal edges.
- Mix remaining 1⁄4 cup of ketchup with brown sugar and mustard. Add this to the top of your meatloaf.
- Allow to bake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or until your meatloaf if cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and settle for several minutes then slice and serve.
Leave a Reply