Just a little twist on your classic meatloaf recipe. This Honey BBQ Meatloaf is a family favorite plus it's so easy to make!
We love meatloaf around here. Meatloaf is one of my husband's favorites and my kids even eat it up. It's so simple and easy to make and it makes awesome leftovers.
Sounds like a winning dinner to me! This Honey BBQ Meatloaf is just a little different than your classic meatloaf recipe and I think you are going to love the new take on it!
With my classic meatloaf recipe, I use ketchup along with seasonings and then make a ketchup and mustard glaze for the top.
We love it but I love trying new things out with my classic recipes. For this recipe, I skip out on the ketchup and use BBQ sauce instead.
It's the perfect substitute to change up this recipe and bring it a new flavor.
I baked my classic meatloaf in a loaf pan to keep it all together.
For this recipe, I just molded it and baked in on some foil and a baking pan.
You can bake it either way and it will come out great. Baking it in a loaf pan though will keep a lot of the fat in the meatloaf and you could end up with some cooked off into the bottom of your pan.
- Use a lean ground beef. This will help from your pan being in a puddle of fat after baking.
- Don't over mix your meatloaf. Mix it until just combined then form into a loaf.
Honey BBQ Meatloaf Instructions:
First: Preheat your oven and then prepare a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
Second: Using your hand gently mix together all ingredients until just combined. Without overworking the meat shape it into a log and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Spoon on BBQ sauce on top before baking.
Third: Bake for 70-90 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked all the way through and at the appropriate temperature.
Here are a few of our favorite side dishes to serve with this meatloaf;
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Brussel Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
If you love BBQ as much as I do then make sure to check out these recipes next:
Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks: These drumsticks are the perfect recipe! They are baked in the oven but taste as if they came right off the grill.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla: This recipe is amazing. We love quesadillas and they make the perfect quick lunch for dinner recipe. This is a great new way to make them that I think you will love.
Baked BBQ Chicken Breast: This recipe is made in my house several times a month. It's a classic and so simple to make.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Honey BBQ Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce (for inside meatloaf)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet foil and set aside.
- Using your hand gently mix together all ingredients (except for ⅓ cup of bbq sauce for topping) until just combined. Without overworking the meat shape it into a log and place it onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon on remaining BBQ sauce then bake for 70-90 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked all the way through and at the appropriate temperature.