These Roasted Sweet Potatoes are seasoned with the perfect savory spices and roasted in the oven. It's simple to make and the perfect side dish with your dinner.
I love sweet potatoes. If you have followed my blog for a while, you probably know how much I love any potato and in just about any form.
These Sweet Potatoes are roasted, tossed in oil, then seasoned with savory seasonings. It's the perfect side dish to just about any meal.
How to make Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
Roasted Potatoes are very easy to make. Roasted Sweet Potatoes are just as easy as regular potatoes! Dice your sweet potatoes into nice sized bites.
Oil and season them and then spread them out on your baking sheet. Do not let them overlap or be too bunched up on top of each other as you want them to heat in the oven evenly.
- Sweet Potatoes
Step one: Preheat oven and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Dice your sweet potatoes into bite sizes pieces. Place these in a mixing bowl then toss with oil until potatoes are coated. Season with remaining ingredients and toss again until coated.
- Tip: When adding in the spices, put them in a separate small bowl as shown in the picture below. Then mix before putting them with the potatoes. This allows for all the flavors to get mixed in evenly.
Step three: Last placed seasoned potatoes on your baking sheet and bake at 450 until potatoes are tender.
- Tip: Don’t crowd the pan - You’ll get more flavor if the potatoes have room to let off moisture instead of steaming on top of each other.
What do Sweet Potatoes go well with?
Meatloaf - This Meatloaf Recipe is a classic. Made with lean ground beef it's full of flavor and perfectly moist, I topped it all off with a brown sugar glaze.
Grilled Chicken - It's the perfect summer dish. This Grilled Chicken Breast is so juicy and flavorful. This easy grilled chicken is seasoned with paprika, parsley, onion, garlic, then salt and pepper.
Smoked Ribs - These Smoked Ribs are smoked to perfection. They are full of flavor and slathered in our favorite BBQ Sauce. Smoked for 6 hours the ribs are tender and fall right off the bone!
Sweet Potato Recipes:
Want more sweet potato recipes? Of course, you do!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes: You probably know by now how much I love mashed potatoes! Mashed sweet potatoes with maple syrup are simply amazing.
Sweet Potato Casserole: The best casserole! Topped with brown sugar and pecans. It's a must-try recipe.
Sweet Potato Fries: This recipe is a favorite with my husband. They are so simple to make and taste amazing.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Diced sweet potatoes into bite sizes pieces. Add to a mixing bowl. Toss with oil until potatoes are coated. Season with remaining ingredients and toss again until coated.
- Placed seasoned potatoes on your baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.