This 7 Can Taco Soup is super easy to make. Made with 7 cans of hearty ingredients with some good taco seasoning this will be a soup everyone loves!
If you have been around the blog for a while, you know my all-time favorite is Taco Soup. I love it and make it for lunch a few times a week. This 7 Can Taco Soup recipe is one of my husband's favorite ways to make taco soup quick. He loves beans in his taco soup, and this one being so quick to make he requests it a lot.
How to make 7 Can Taco Soup:
This 7 Can Taco Soup is super easy to make. Literally, all you have to do is dump your cans into the pot and add your seasoning. Give it a good mix, and then bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes after it comes to the boil. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
Here are the cans you need.
- Canned Chicken Breast - drained
- Black Beans - rinsed and drained
- Kidney Beans - rinsed and drained
- Pinto Beans - rinsed and drained
- Corn - drained
- Rotel - drained
- Chicken Broth
These are the seasonings I used in this soup.
- Taco Seasoning
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
Seasoning is optional if you prefer a mild soup, but I like to add ½ oz of both taco seasoning and ranch seasoning. You can add more or less to your taste.
Step Three - Allow to simmer for15-20 minutes. Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.
What to serve with taco soup:
I love serving my taco soup with traditional taco ingredients. Some tortilla chips to dip in the soup. Add some sour cream and cheddar cheese to the top of the soup. Sliced jalapenos will add some extra heat if you would like.
Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, taco soup is really simple to freeze. Once it's done allow it to cool completely then add it to a large freezer bag or into individual bags or freezer safe containers for a single serving.
Keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. Allow thawing in the fridge then reheat in the stovetop or microwave.
How long is taco soup good for?
Taco soup doesn't last long in our house, because I can eat it for all 3 meals of every day. This soup will last 5 to 7 days in your refrigerator. Store in an airtight container with a sealed lid.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
7 Can Taco Soup
7 Can Soup
- 12.5 oz canned chicken breast
- 15.25 oz black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15.25 oz kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15.25 oz pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15.25 oz corn (drained)
- 10 oz Rotel (drained)
- 14 oz chicken broth (1 can)
- ½ oz taco seasoning (or to taste)
- ½ oz dry ranch seasoning mix (or to taste)
- Drain chicken and use a fork to break up the chunks of chicken.
- Place all ingredients into a pot and season to taste. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and cover.
- Allow to simmer for15-20 minutes. Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.
Leave a Reply