These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts are juicy chicken wrapped in caramelized bacon from the brown sugar. They go great with any side dish you want to serve and everyone will love them!
Making chicken for dinner is one of the most made dinners around the world. Sometimes you need to do something else to it, then just adding some BBQ sauce to it and calling it dinner. These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts are super juicy and moist. The chicken is perfectly seasoned, and thanks to the brown sugar the bacon caramelizes around the chicken.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
Start by mixing your seasonings to make the rub for the chicken. Rub or massage it into your chicken breasts. Next wrap your bacon around the chicken breast. Cover the entire breast and use 2 bacon strips to make it work. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the bacon. This will allow the bacon to caramelize.
- Chicken Breats - boneless and skinless
- Vegetable Oil
- Parsley Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
Step Seven - Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through. Once chicken is a safe temperature (at least 165 degrees F) serve and enjoy.
Baking the perfect chicken:
Chicken is sometimes tough to bake perfectly. The oven has a tendency to dry out chicken, and then it is not as enjoyable.
Here are some preferred cook temperatures and times that should help you make great chicken.
- Cooking Tips: You always want to make sure the internal temperature of your chicken is at least 160 degrees.
That is the safe internal temperature needed to be able to eat it.
At 350 degrees you would want to cook around 25-30 minutes.
375 degrees would be 20-25 minutes and 400 degrees would be 20 minutes as well.
How to make sure the bacon is crispy?
So sometimes the bacon when cooked in the oven wrapped around chicken does not get crispy. You definitely do not want to skip sprinkling the brown sugar on the top of the bacon. This helps the bacon get caramelized in the oven so it helps with the crispiness.
Try some of my other favorite chicken dinners:
Baked Buffalo Chicken - I LOVE Buffalo chicken. This recipe is so simple and so full of flavor. This Baked Buffalo Chicken baked in the oven and made with a simple homemade sauce.
Sweet and Sour Chicken - This Sweet and Sour Chicken is way better than take-out! This simple to make take-out copycat is a favorite in my house. Enjoy it over a bed of white or fried rice!
Perfect Grilled Chicken - It's the perfect summer dish. This Grilled Chicken Breast is so juicy and flavorful. This easy grilled chicken is seasoned with paprika, parsley, onion, garlic, then salt and pepper.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Brush chicken with with oil.
- Mix together paprika, parsley flakes, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Massage on chicken breast.
- Wrap each seasoned chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken bacon seal down into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar onto all bacon wrapped chicken evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through. Once chicken is a safe temperature (at least 165 degrees F) serve and enjoy.