Classic Butter Noodles perfectly seasoned with some garlic and parmesan cooked in butter is a great quick and easy meal. This simple meal is a favorite of my kids as well.
These Butter Noodles are a really simple dinner to make. Rich flavor from the melted butter with the garlic and parmesan cheese make this a very tasty meal.
Buttered Noodles are a meal the kids also love. My kids love the flavor and parmesan cheese is also their favorite.
How to make Butter Noodles:
Cook Pasta: Cook your noodles according to the directions. I usually try to cook my noodles al dente, due to further cooking in the butter.
On this recipe you can go a little longer than al dente as mixing in the butter will not be a long extra cook time.
Butter and Season: In a saucepan melt the butter and sauté the garlic in it. Stir the butter until it is golden brown and then add the basil. Add the noodles to the butter and mix well.
Parmesan Cheese: Once the noodles are coated in the butter add the parmesan cheese and mix again. Serve with some vegetables and enjoy!
- Egg Noodles - This recipe will actually work with any noodle but these are our favorite to use.
- Butter - I used unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Minced Garlic - I like to use fresh garlic that I mince but you can also use garlic powder.
- Dried Basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - If you use fresh parmesan you will get a different texture the grated Parmesan will coat the noodles perfectly.
Step One - Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
Step Two - In a medium pot melt butter and sauté garlic. Whisking until butter is golden brown. Add in dried basil and continue to whisk.
- Cooking Tip - Don't stop whisking as you could burn the butter. Keep it on a medium to low heat.
Step Three - Add cooked egg noodles to your pot with butter and toss to coat. Add in grated parmesan cheese and toss again to toss.
What should you serve with Buttered Noodles:
I serve this as a main meal with some veggies. You can serve it is as a side though for steak or chicken! Try some of these sides with the noodles.
Air Fryer Vegetables - These Air Fryer Vegetables are roasted perfectly and in half the time it takes to roast veggies in the oven. Use any veggies you like for this medley, but I specifically love bell peppers, red onions, broccoli, and zucchini.
Roasted Vegetables - These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish. Take your favorite vegetables, season them, and make the easiest Roasted Vegetables you've ever had. They are the best way to make Roasted Vegetables!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 10 oz egg noodles
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot melt butter and sauté garlic. Whisking until butter is golden brown. Add in dried basil and continue to whisk.
- Add cooked egg noodles to your pot with butter and toss to coat. Add in grated parmesan cheese and toss again to toss.
Leave a Reply