This smooth Butternut Squash Soup is made with roasted vegetables and full of flavor. With savory spices and the perfect amount of cream, this will be a go to soup for the Fall.
As soon as August ends, and Fall is on the way it is the start of soup season and I am enjoying it all! Once Winter hits it calls for soup, warm blankets, snow, and lots of Hallmark movies. Yep, lots and lots of soup and lots and lots of hallmark movies will be how I hibernate this winter. I actually have one on as I type this to you.
This simple Butternut Squash Soup is so full of flavor and made with roasted vegetables. It's one of my favorites this time of year and one that my kids actually love also! Also, this is a great vegetarian recipe, and can be made vegan if you do not but in the cream!
- Tip: If you want to make my recipe Vegan, replace the cream with either Coconut, Soy, or Almond Milk.
- Butternut Squash
- Yellow Onion
- Rosemary Leaves
- Thyme Leaves
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Vegetable Broth
- Heavy Cream
How to peel and dice a butternut squash:
For this recipe, you want to start by peeling and dicing all your vegetables and roasting them. Here are my tips on how to peel the butternut squash.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove all skin from the butternut squash.
- Carefully use a large knife to cut the butternut squash in half.
- Spoon out seeds from the bottom half of your squash.
- Turn your squash over and dice lengthwise. Turn your squash and dice it the opposite way to create large square chucks.
How to make Butternut Squash Soup:
Step one: Preheat your oven then prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. We will be roasting our vegetables to soften them before we blend them into the soup.
Step two: Peeling and dicing your squash, onion, and carrots then place them on your prepared baking sheet. Season with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place in the oven to roast until all vegetables are tender.
Step three: Once tender add all roasted vegetables and broth to a large pot. Use a electric immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. Allow simmering for 15-20 minutes.
Is Butternut Squash Soup Healthy for you? Yes, Butternut Squash is filled with fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Potassium.
Is Butternut Squash Keto-friendly? Butternut Squash is high in fiber, so it is friendly to pair with a Keto diet, however, it does have roughly 13g of carbs in a cup, so make sure to pair it with other low or no-carb options.
What do you serve with Butternut Squash Soup? I usually make my Mini Corn Bread Muffins with this soup.
Here are a few more soup recipes that I think you will love:
Potato Soup: Potato soup is a classic and one of my favorites. It was the first soup I ever made and still a favorite of mine to this day.
Tomato Soup: The best way to make tomato soup, it's all made in the slow cooker!
Taco Soup: This soup recipe is a favorite with my readers with over 100k pin and great reviews it's a recipe you have to try.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to degrees 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Start by peeling and dicing your squash, onion, and carrots. Place them on your prepared baking sheet. Season with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place in the oven to roast for 60-75 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Once tender add all roasted vegetables and broth to a large pot. Use an electric immersion blenders to blend soup until smooth. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in heavy whipping cream. Serve and enjoy.