This classic Dutch American inspired Chicken Corn Soup is loaded with hearty veggies, egg noodles and chicken. The butter gives this soup a rich flavor and the cream corn gives the soup an added creaminess. Everyone will enjoy this soup!
I think you all know my love for soup. I love making soups and this Chicken Corn Soup is amazing. It is hearty and full of flavor.
Made in about 30 minutes you can make this for a quick lunch or fast dinner!
How to make Chicken Corn Soup:
Prep: Start by dicing your chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken and vegetables in a large pot and then pour the broth in.
Cook: Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken is cooked. Once the chicken is cooked add in the cream corn, noodles, butter and seasoning and cook for 10 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
- Chicken Breast - you want to use boneless and skinless.
- Veggies - I use onion, celery, and shredded carrots. You can can add more veggies you enjoy.
- Chicken Broth - A vegetable broth would work as well.
- Egg Noodles - start with your egg noodles uncooked.
- Cream Corn - I used a can of creamed corn.
- Butter - I used unsalted butter but if you use salted just add less salt to season.
- Seasoning - I used garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Step One - Place onions, celery, carrots, cubed chicken, and chicken broth into a soup pot.
Step Two - Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Step Three - Add egg noodles, cream corn, butter, and seasoning to your soup.
Step Four - Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.
What makes a good soup?
There are a lot of things that make a good soup in my opinion. As I make a lot of soups, I wanted to share with you the best tips that make a great soup.
- Soups need flavor - A good soup has a lot of flavor. Broth, seasoning, veggies, butter all add to the flavor profile of a soup. The more flavor the more enjoyable in my opinion.
- A hearty soup is a filling soup - I believe a great soup fills your belly and your soul. A thick and chunky soup is going to go a long way and fill you up. The meat, veggies or noodles used in a soup all give it the hearty filling factor of a great soup.
- Don't over salt a soup - From bullion to the broth to cream condensed soups a lot of ingredients could make the soup very salty. You can offset that with adding water or a cream if needed.
Try some of my other favorite soups!
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup - This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup is the best blend of Tex-Mex flavors in a soup. Loaded with cheese, cream and topped with corn chips this is a hearty soup everyone will love.
Taco Soup - My all-time favorite soup recipe that you are going to LOVE! Taco Soup is filled with all your taco favorites. This one is a must-try. This soup is loaded with ground beef, beans, and taco seasoning, and it is super easy to make!
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup - This Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is simple to make and full of flavor. French onion soup is always one of my favorites to order at restaurants and now I love making it at home.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken Corn Soup
- ½ medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 pounds chicken breast (cubed, boneless, and skinless)
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans cream of corn (14.75 oz each can)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place onions, celery, carrots, cubed chicken, and chicken broth into a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add egg noodles, cream corn, butter, and seasoning to your soup.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.