Chicken noodles are the perfect comfort food. This Chicken Noodle Casserole is a so creamy and delicious, one of the family's favorite dinners.
This casserole is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Everyone loves a good Chicken Noodle Soup. Well how about we give that classic soup recipe a big twist and turn it into a casserole!
Yes, you read that right. A casserole that the whole family will love! If you want more family friendly recipes also check out my simple chicken casserole.
How to make Chicken Noodle Casserole:
This is a a very hearty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
The classic ingredients used in Chicken Noodle Soup made in to this wonderful casserole.
- Egg Noodles
- Chicken (boneless and skinless, cooked and shredded)
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Mixed Vegetables (frozen)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then prepare a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Next cook the egg noodles according to package directions than drain and set aside.
- Tip: Al Dente noodles are best for this recipe.
Step three: Now use a large mixing bowl to mix together chicken with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and frozen veggies.
- Tip: This recipe called for cooked and shredded chicken. Check below for time saving tips with this step.
Step four: Once mixed it's time too season. Add in salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can add in more or less to taste. Then add in noodles then place mixture in your prepared casserole dish.
Step five: Lastly, just top the casserole with shredded cheese then bake for 25-30 minutes.
Tips for this Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe:
- Use Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery Soup if you do not have Cream of Chicken Soup.
- I recommend cooking the noodles to al dente before adding to the casserole.
- You do not need to thaw your frozen vegetables for this recipe.
What to use for the chicken:
If you want to save yourself some time you can use a rotisserie chicken. Just shred meat off chicken making sure it is all free of bones.
You can also throw some chicken breast in your slow cooker that you can use for this recipe. Check out my post for All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken for how I use this.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. This recipe is is best frozen before baking. Make this in a casserole dish that has a lid. Once made do not add the cheese on top.
This casserole can last for up to 3 months frozen. When ready to bake, allow to thaw then top with the cheddar cheese.
Baking time may need about 10 minutes longer if the casserole has not full thawed.
Here are even more yummy chicken casserole recipes to try out.
- Chicken and Rice Casserole: This recipe is a classic. My mom made it growing up and I love making it for my family.
- Dorito Chicken Casserole: This casserole is topped with crunchy Dorito chips is absolutely amazing!
- Crack Chicken Casserole: You will not be able to get enough of this casserole. My kids ate seconds and some even thirds 😂
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions than drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together chicken with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and frozen veggies.
- Once mixed season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add in noodles then place mixture in your prepared casserole dish.
- Top casserole with cheese then bake for 25-30 minutes.
Excellent! This was so good, and we ate it up...all gone with no leftovers. Will be in our regular rotation. Thanks!
So glad you liked it!
I didn't have sour cream so I substituted cream cheese, delicious!!!!