This Crack Chicken Casserole is made with shredded hashbrown potatoes, bacon, and ranch seasoning. It's a favorite with my family and a recipe you are sure to love.
Just be warned this crack chicken casserole addicting! When we serve it everyone asked for seconds, even the kids!
Crack Chicken Casserole is soooo good! Creamy, cheesy and filled with flavors of bacon and ranch, you will taste why it has it's name!
How to make Crack Chicken Casserole:
It is super easy to make this casserole. Literally all you have do do is mix your ingredients in a large bowl until the chicken and potatoes are coated well. Add to a casserole dish and bake.
Now the chicken is the only thing that may take time, but I always recommend my All Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken. I usually cook this on Sunday or Monday to have chicken ready for the week depending on my recipes I am making.
If you do not want to do that a great alternative would be a rotisserie chicken.
- Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Melted Butter
- Ranch Seasoning
- Cooked Chicken - See my All Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken recipe above
- Cooked Bacon - Try my Air Fryer Bacon or my Perfect Oven Cooked Bacon recipes
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Step one: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: Next use a large mixing bowl to mix together all of your ingredients.
Step Three - Once everything is mixed you can place it all in your prepared baking dish.
- Tip: To save time use a rotisserie chicken or cook your chicken in the slow cooker using my all-purpose chicken recipe.
Step Four: Now top your casserole with that remaining ¼ cup cooked bacon and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Step Five: Bake for 40-45 minutes until the casserole is warmed throughout.
Can I use a Rotisserie Chicken in this recipe?
Yes, you definitely can use a rotisserie chicken. It honestly will cut down on your prep time by a lot. This will be a quicker way to have your cooked chicken and then shred it.
One thing to remember is to not get a flavored or seasoned rotisserie chicken. You want to just by a basic rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
This recipe is perfect for freezing and serving later. Follow the steps until baking. Place all ingredients into a freezer-safe casserole dish and top it.
Cover with foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve just place in the fridge to thaw for 24 hours and then bake according to directions.
What should I serve with this casserole?
- Baked Garlic Green Beans - Crispy and delicious and one of the best ways to make green beans. These Baked Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and gives a new taste to your favorite vegetable.
- Broccoli Salad - The best Broccoli Salad! Broccoli, carrots, raisins and even bacon tossed in a simple homemade dressing.
- Cream Corn - This Cream Corn is a classic side dish recipe. Just like my grandma would make, it's perfectly creamy and tastes amazing.
I love an easy casserole recipe. Here are a few more of my favorites that I think you will love.
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Ritz Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Crack Chicken Casserole
- 16 oz shredded hash brown potatoes (frozen)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 oz ranch seasoning
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together shredded hash brown potatoes, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, ranch seasoning, cooked chicken, ¾ cup cooked bacon, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Once mixed place in your prepared baking dish.
- Top your casserole with remaining ¼ cup cooked bacon and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the casserole is warmed throughout.