This Dorito Chicken Casserole was a huge hit with my family. A creamy chicken base topped with Dorito chips then baked. I knew my kids would love this since they love my recipe for ritz cracker chicken casserole so much and this is pretty simple.
Dorito Chicken Casserole
I’m sure you could have guessed just by the name that this Dorito Chicken Casserole was a huge hit with my kids. I used cooked and shredded chicken to make a creamy chicken base than before baking I topped it with shredded cheese and crushed Dorito chips. Everyone loved it! Plus it’s simple to make and simpe to clean up, which mean I loved it also.
Dorito Chicken Casserole Directions:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven and then go ahead and prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. I used a 9×13 casserole dish for this recipe.
Step two: Mix your cooked and shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, drained Rotel, drained corn, and 1 cup of your shredded cheese. Once well combined place this in your prepares casserole dish.
- Cooking Tip: To save yourself some time you can make your chicken in the slow cooker and then shred it and use it when it’s time for dinner. I use this recipe, All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken. You can even make enough for several recipes in your slow cooker and store it in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Step three: Once you are ready to bake then top your casserole with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and then your crushed chips. Bake until warm throughout and cheese is melted.
How to make this ahead:
You could easily make this recipe ahead of time and bake when you are ready to serve it. Once you have all your ingredients in step two mixed together place it in a freezer or fridge safe casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer without the chips. When you are ready to bake then allow to thaw in the fridge overnight then place the chips on top right before baking.
- Fridge: Keep in the fridge 1-2 days before cooking and serving.
- Freeze: You can keep this in the freezer for 4-6 months then place in the fridge to thaw overnight. Follow step three when you are ready to bake and add more time as needed to make sure the entire casserole is warm.
Side Dish Recipes:
I love serving this recipe with a steamable veggie or salad. Here are a few of my favorite side dish recipes that we love to serve with this casserole.
This Dorito Chicken Casserole is made with a creamy chicken base then topped with crunchy chips and baked. The perfect dinner recipe that the entire family will love.
- 2 cups chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz rotel (drained)
- 16 oz corn (drained)
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 10 oz Dorito chips (crushed)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a mixing bowl mix your cooked and shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, drained Rotel, drained corn, and 1 cup of your shredded cheese. Once well combined place this in your prepares casserole dish.
Top your casserole with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and your crushed chips. Bake for 15 minutes or until warm throughout and cheese is melted.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH