This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe is the perfect dessert appetizer. It's sweet and goes perfect with graham crackers or vanilla wafers. Use a knife and spread it on some strawberries too for an extra special treat!
When most people hear cheese ball, they think a savory side dish much like my Classic Cheese Ball. Well, this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is a dessert appetizer game changer. I do not think anyone, including myself expected this to be finished off as fast as it way. I served it at a football party, and it was gone quick.
It is a sweet cheese ball, that goes great with graham crackers or vanilla wafers. Dipping it in fruit, such as strawberries, are a great option to serve with the cheeseball. It is so tasty; it reminds people of a cookie dough.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball:
Cheese balls are pretty easy to make. You really just mix your ingredients together, and then chill. Roll them in the top layer if you are putting one on the cheese ball. That is exactly what you do for this recipe. Mix all your ingredients really well together. Form into a ball using plastic wrap. and the refrigerate. You make need to refrigerate before rolling into the chocolate chips if it needs to form again. Chill until it is set and then you are ready to serve!
- Cream Cheese - softened
- Unsalted Butter - softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips - divided for the inside of the cheese ball, and for rolling the outer layer.
- Tip: Do not over mix with the electric mixer as you do not want it to become too runny. Just mix well and until smooth, but not so fast and long it gets soupy.
Step Four - Unwrap chilled cheese ball. Layout remaining chocolate chips and roll cheese ball in chocolate chips to coat the outside. Serve or place back in the fridge until ready to serve.
How long does a Cheese Ball last?
This cheese ball would be good in the fridge in a container or covered for 7-10 days.
Can you freeze a cheese ball?
Yes, you can freeze a cheeseball. In order to freeze a cheese ball follow these steps. A frozen cheese ball should last about a month.
Step 1: Form your cheese ball as according to the directions but stop at step three. Do not roll the cheeseball in the chocolate chips!
Step 2: Wrap your cheese ball in plastic wrap, tightly. Place in a freezer zip-lock bag.
Step 3: To unthaw, pull out of the freezer and place back in the refrigerator for roughly 6-8 hours before serving. Once thawed roll in the chocolate chips!
Try some of my other favorite Cheese Balls:
Pepper Jack Cheese Ball - This Pepper Jack Cheese Ball is one if my favorite appetizer recipes. It's so simple to make and a real crowd pleaser.
Ham and Pineapple Cheese Ball - This sweet and savory cheese ball is the perfect combination. I served my Ham and Pineapple Cheese Ball at our last get together and everyone loved it.
Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball - Shredded cheddar, ranch seasoning, and bacon! You can't go wrong with this Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball. It's simple to make and a real crowd-pleaser.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- Place cream cheese and butter into a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to beat together until smooth.
- Mix in powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract until combined. Last use a spatula to mix in ¾ cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Unwrap chilled cheese ball. Layout remaining chocolate chips and roll cheese ball in chocolate chips to coat the outside. Serve or place back in the fridge until ready to serve.