These Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are full of Christmas joy with bright green and red sprinkles. They are perfect for holiday baking. These festive cookies will brighten up any holiday event.
Tis' the season for cookies! It just wouldn't be Christmas with out baking and lots and lots of cookies. Have you do Christmas baking yet? I think I've made at least 7 different types of cookies already, I can't stop myself! If your list of cookies for baking this season is getting longer and longer like mine make sure these are at the top they are simple to make and taste amazing. I'll admit I've always been a chocolate chip cookie girl. I don't discriminate I love all cookies but sugar just was never my favorite. The more chips and candies the better. These sugar cookies take on a new level though covered in sprinkles. They quickly have become a favorite of mine.
Sprinkles might as well be considered one of my favorite foods. As a kid, we would have ice cream nights and my parents used to always ask me if I wanted some ice cream with my sprinkles. They make dessert so fun and colorful. For these Christmas Sprinkle Cookie, I rolled my dough in the sprinkles until they were covered and then baked them. Simple and easy!
This year I'm in charge of dessert for the Christmas party with my Husband's side of the family, and I just had to have cookies on the list. I've been trying out some recipes and these will defiantly be in the cookie box this weekend! What cookies do you bake during the season? Are you more of a sugar or chocolate chip person?
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted butter softened, (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg room temperature
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 bottle Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Slowly mix this in with your wet ingredients. Mixing until well combined.
- Place sprinkles on a plate. Scoop out 1 ½ tbsp of dough and place in the sprinkles. Roll the dough until completely covered in sprinkles. Place sprinkle covered cookie onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven then allow to cool on the baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes for YOU: