This Classic Coke Float is the perfect dessert drink. Made with just 2 ingredients, ice cream and Coca-Cola, you cannot go wrong with this drink. Enjoy it anytime of year for a creamy tasty drink.
I think that a Coke Float may be one of the best drinks out there. It is a certified Classic drink in my opinion.
The creaminess the ice cream and Coke make mixed together is amazing. I love to add some whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top.
This is the treat that will satisfy your cravings any day of the week. Easy to make and enjoy.
How to make a Coke Float:
There are really only 2 steps to making a Coke Float, and they are adding the ice cream and adding the Coke.
Now there are two main sides to this. Some add the ice cream first while some add the Coke first.
Well, I will be discussing both options below. All that matters is that you enjoy the drink!
- Vanilla Ice Cream - I prefer using a French vanilla.
- Coca-Cola - Yes there are other cola brands out there, but Coke is hands down the best choice.
- Whipped Cream - Optional for topping.
- Maraschino Cherry - also optional for on top.
- Tip: Fill about halfway. Make sure they are not heaping scoops so the Coke can get all around the ice cream.
- Tip: Pour the Coke in on an angled glass and slowly to reduce bubbles and foam.
Optional: Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Alternate way to make a Coke Float:
So, as you see above, I am an ice cream first float person. I love the Coke pouring over the ice cream and interacting with it as it foams. It makes it creamy as it mixes together.
There are some other people out there who like to go Coke first. While this is not my preferred method, a lot of people do it this way.
You would fill the glass halfway with the Coke, the add a scoop of ice cream.
The ice cream more floats on the soda but does not mix as well. I feel this way there is more soda this way.
Other Kinds of Floats:
So, a Coke Float is classic, but soda floats are great fun and tasty drinks. Try some other soda flavors and mix things up! Mix a soda with the ice cream and enjoy!
- Dr. Pepper - A Dr. Pepper Float is one of my top alternatives to a Coke Float.
- Root Beer - Root Beer Floats are probably just as famous and well-loved as a Coke Float.
- Cream Soda - The vanilla flavor of the cream soda mixes perfectly with the ice cream for a smooth creamy float.
Try some of my other drink recipes:
Homemade Lemonade - The BEST Homemade Lemonade! It's the perfect drink for these warm summer days and so simple to make.
Peach Sweet Tea - I can't think of anything better to be sipping on this summer than homemade Peach Sweet Tea.
Cherry Limeade - My favorite summer time drink! If you need me during the heat of the summer you can find me sipping this Cherry Limeade poolside!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 12 oz Coca-Cola
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Optional: whipped cream and cherry for topping
- Scoop ice cream in a glass.
- Pour coke over ice cream
- Optional: topped with whipped cream and a cherry.