This Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks have the perfect blend of spices with a squeeze of citrus. Baked in the oven and full of flavor.
I love coming up with new recipes for chicken drumsticks. Growing up my mom made them a lot. I actually made these the first time I ever cooked for my husband! They are simple to make and usually pretty inexpensive.
I can almost always find a big pack on sale at the grocery store. These Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks have so much flavor and are one of my favorite ways to make drumsticks.
How to make Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks:
These drumsticks are very simple to make and super tasty. Make your marinade and then let your chicken sit to take those flavors in. Bake and enjoy!
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Juice: You can use fresh or bottled.
- Vegetable Oil: Any oil you have will work for this,
- Seasonings: I used salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried parsley.
Step One - Place chicken drumsticks in a large baggie.
Step Two - Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour into a bag with chicken. Seal and massage the chicken until coated with the marinade.
Step Three - Place in the fridge for up to 24 hours or cook immediately. The longer your chicken marinates the better the flavor will taste. I suggest 2-3 hours minimum.
Step Four - Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour chicken from the bag with marinade into your baking dish. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe temperature.
You can cook the chicken drumsticks right away or prepare these hours or a day before and allow them to marinate to allow the flavor to soak in.
Either way, I think you will love the recipe. I suggest you let it sit for 24 hours. The longer your chicken marinates the better the flavor will taste. I suggest 2-3 hours minimum before baking.
How long do you bake drumsticks?
Drumsticks are best cooked at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Chicken takes a while due to how thick they are and you need them to hit an internal temperature of 165 degrees or higher to be at a safe temperature.
Try these side dishes with your drumsticks:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Creamed Corn - Side dishes in the slow cooker make for an easy dinner, try this Slow Cooker Cheesy Creamed Corn. Creamy and cheesy, this is one you have to try.
Garlic Asian Green Beans - These Garlic Asian Green Beans are so easy to make and so full of flavor. It's the perfect side dish and even a great healthy snack.
Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes - These Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes make the perfect side dish to any recipe. They are simple to make, full of flavor, and perfectly crispy.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Place chicken drumsticks in a large baggie. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour into bag with chicken. Seal and massage chicken until coated with the marinade.
- Place in the fridge for up to 24 hours or cook immediately. The longer your chicken marinates the better the flavor will taste. I suggest 2-3 hours minimum.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour chicken from the bag with marinade into your baking dish. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe temperature.
Leave a Reply