These simple Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenderloins make the perfect dinner recipe and one of my favorite salad toppers. Simple to make and so full of flavor, it's a must try recipe.
Today I want to share with you my husband's favorite way to make chicken. Lemon pepper is his all-time favorite chicken seasoning and one that I enjoy also.
I had made lemon pepper chicken tenders int he past that had been breaded but I wanted to try them out a new way. So today we are making these simple Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenderloins.
They make the perfect dinner. I also love making extra for lunch, they are perfect on top of a salad.
How to make Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenderloins:
- Place chicken in a large bag with oil and lemon juice.
- Massage into chicken then add in all seasonings.
- Massage into chicken again.
- For best results allow to marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight before cooking.
- Preheat oven.
- Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour marinated chicken inside.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through.
How long to marinate chicken:
The longer you can marinate the chicken the more the flavor will be throughout the chicken. If you have no time to marinate don't worry you can bake this chicken right away and it will still taste great.
I usually marinate mine for at least 2-3 hours before baking or you can prepare it the day before and allow it to marinate overnight.
Here are a few more of my favorite lemon pepper recipes:
Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks: I am always finding a good deal on chicken drumsticks and needed a new way to cook them. I love this simple recipe, it's so full of flavor.
Lemon Pepper Chicken: The classic, this is one of our favorite ways to make boneless skinless chicken breast.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rotini: I love a good slow cooker meal and this recipe is so simple to make and one my entire family loves.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a large bag with oil and lemon juice. Massage into chicken then add in all seasonings. Massage into chicken again. For best results allow to marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour marinated chicken inside. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Absolutely delicious! Would definitely make again.
Absolutely delicious!!! Definitely 5 stars!!
I just made this on a whim after finding it and wow! I wanted a quick lunch and wasn't able to marinade my tender for more than maybe 15 minutes and they still came out super flavorful! I'll be looking forward to having these again! 🙂
Glad you liked them!
Hi can you grill this chicken?
You sure can! Just make sure the chickens internal temperature hits 165 degrees or higher!
I'm excited to try this meal. What kind of oil did you use to marinate?
I use vegetable or olive. Whatever I have usually =)
I was wondering if you covered the chicken or not?
Hi April, for this recipe I did not cover the chicken. Hope you enjoy it!