The perfect recipe for the kids! These Pizza Bagels are great for a quick lunch or easy dinner. Make these pizza bagels in the oven with just a few simple ingredients.
Pizza bagels have been a long-time favorite after school snack for years. I remember coming home in high school and popping a few of the name brand Bagel Bites in the microwave and enjoying while I did my homework.
Since we homeschool after school snacks for us sometimes is lunch! So, I wanted to make one of my favorite snacks for the kids for lunch!
How to make Homemade Pizza Bagels:
Making these homemade pizza bagels have a few more steps than just popping them in the microwave.
Start by preparing your bagels by slicing them, or some bagels come pre-sliced. Put on your sauce, then cheese, and pepperonis. Bake and then enjoy!
- Plain Bagels (sliced in half)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Pizza Bagels Instructions:
Step one: Preheat and then prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Slice bagels in half. Spoon on pizza sauce, sprinkle on mozzarella cheese, and top with mini pepperoni.
- Cooking Tip: If you only have full size pepperoni, you can slice them into smaller bite sized pieces to make them work.
Step three: Place pizza bagels on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted and bagel is slightly crispy.
- Cooking Tip: Make sure the oven rack is in the middle. To high may burn the cheese.
Tips for great Pizza Bagels!
- If you do not have bagels try some other type of thick bread! This great lunch can also be made using thick cut bread like sourdough or French bread or even English Muffins!
- Try some other toppings! My kids love Bacon on pizza, and my husband loves green peppers and onions with his pepperoni! Add whatever pizza toppings you all love and enjoy!
- Serve with some dipping sauce! Have some extra pizza sauce on the side for dipping or try some Ranch Dressing for dipping.
How to store leftover Pizza Bagels:
Storing any leftover pizza bagels is pretty easy! Once fully cooled place them in a food storage container. If you need to stack them place some parchment paper or aluminum foil in between the layers.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 3 plain bagels
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice bagels in half. Spoon on pizza sauce, sprinkle on mozzarella cheese, and top with pepperoni minis
- Place pizza bagels on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted and bagel is slightly crispy.