These Pizza quesadillas are the perfect weeknight dinner and a fun new way to do pizza night. They are full of flavor and perfect dipped in warm pizza sauce.
Quesadillas are one of my favorite quick lunch or dinner ideas. My kids love them and they are perfect for busy nights. These Pizza Quesadillas could be one of my favorite ways to make a Quesadilla,
I love them dipped in pizza sauce! My kids pass on the onions, but you can make them with whatever pizza toppings you enjoy.
I've added green peppers, olives, and cooked and crumbled sausage before. Any of your favorite pizza toppings should work in them.
If you love pizza as much as we do, then make sure you check out a few more of my favorite pizza recipes next.
How to make Pizza Quesadillas:
These quesadillas are made no differently than any other kind of quesadilla. You want to heat up a skillet and then prepare your ingredients.
Fill half the tortilla with your ingredients and fold over. Cook evenly on both sides so the insides are hot and melted.
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- White Onion (thinly sliced)
- Dried Oregano
- Pizza Sauce
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Step One: Heat a skillet on medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
Step Two: Fold a tortilla in half and place shredded mozzarella on half of the inside of the tortilla.
Top with sliced pepperoni, sliced onions, and sprinkle on a small amount of the oregano.
Place folded tortilla into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until cheese is melted. Remove and set aside.
Step Three: Spray the pan again and repeat step 2 until all tortillas are filled and cooked.
Step Four: Warm pizza sauce sauce on the stove top then serve on the side for dipping.
Why dip the pizza quesadilla in the sauce?
My family are all dippers. We have always preferred to dip than to have the sauce in our food. Doesn't matter if we are eating quesadillas or calzones, we would rather dip.
One other reason we do not put the pizza sauce in the quesadilla, is because we tend to find they become a tad soggy. So we would rather dip our quesadillas.
Can I use other fillings?
You sure can. Add your favorite pizza ingredients! Try some ham and thinly sliced pineapple, or peppers, onions, and mushrooms!
Have fun making thee quesadillas, and make them how you will enjoy them best!
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Pizza Quesadilla Recipe Picture
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 6 oz pepperoni
- ½ cup white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 16 oz pizza sauce
- non stick cooking spray
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Fold a tortilla in half and place shredded mozzarella on half of the inside of the tortilla. Top with sliced pepperoni, sliced onions, and sprinkle on a small amount of the oregano. Place folded tortilla into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until cheese is melted. Remove and set aside.
- Spray the pan again and repeat step 2 until all tortillas are filled and cooked.
- Warm pizza sauce sauce on the stove top then serve on the side for dipping.