Simple to make right in your slow cooker and the best fall recipe. Serve this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with warm cornbread or crackers and maybe around a campfire. It's a perfect meal for a night under the stars.
Chili is a classic, family recipe:
Chili is easily one of my favorite recipes. Chili has that warm and cozy taste and one of the best comfort foods.
I love making it for a big crowd or just making a big pot to have leftovers for lunch during the week.
How to make Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
This is one of my go to recipes. Cook your ground turkey, then throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker.
Come back hours later for dinner to be ready. Easy to make and easy to clean up. I wouldn't have a recipe be any other way for you all!
- Ground Turkey: Cooked and crumbled before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Tomato Sauce
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Bell Pepper: You can use whatever color you have on hand but we enjoy using yellow for this recipe.
- Garlic: Peeled and minced.
- Seasoning: For this recipe I used chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Chili Beans: I used a can of chili beans but you can use any bean you enjoy.
- Toppings: we serve it with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and for a kick add jalapeños.
Step one: When making this chili in your slow cooker you want to start by coking and crumbling your ground turkey.
Once it's cooked drain the fat and add it to your slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
Step two: Now all you need to do it cook it. 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
Step Three: Serve and top with some of your favorite toppings like cheddar cheese, sour cream or jalapeños.
Somethings you can substitute out in this chili:
What do I top my chili with?
We usually eat chili topped with these ingredients.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- Sliced Jalapeños
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Yes, if you do not have a slow cooker or it is not readily available you can make this on the stove top! You can even make this one of my personal favorite styles of meals, a One Pot Meal!
Cook and crumble your ground turkey in a large pot. Once cooked drain and excess liquid from the pot.
Add in all your remaining ingredients. Mix well and bring to a slow boil.
Once it boils, turn the stove to low and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 3 pounds Ground Turkey (cooked and crumbled)
- 29 oz Tomato sauce
- 28 oz Petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Yellow onion
- 2 cups Bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 cans Chili beans
- Optional topping: shredded cheese and sour cream
- Add your fully cooked ground turkey to your slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low or for 4-5 hours on high. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream and serve!
What do I top my chili with?We usually eat chili topped with these ingredients.
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- green onions
- tortilla chips
- sliced jalapeños