Spring is here and Summer is on the way, so get your Sweet Tea brewed and enjoy some time outside! This recipe is easy to make, and tastes just like Grandma used to make!
Sweet Tea is one of the best drinks ever in my opinion. My dad is famous in our family for his Sweet Tea. He would make it all the time, and we loved it.
Tea is very easy to make. The key to a good Sweet Tea is having a good balance of tea to sugar. To strong of tea flavor means it's not Sweet Tea.
Too much sugar you won't actually taste the tea, and yes, I know many people like it this way. I personally love a good balance, a tad on the sweeter side, but still being able to fully taste the tea.
How to make Homemade Sweet Tea:
Homemade Sweet Tea is made with three ingredients. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil and then add your tea bags. Allow them to steep for about 15 minutes, and then stir in your sugar.
Make sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Add more water if needed. Serve over ice and add slices of lemon if you want a lemon flavor.
- Family Size Tea Bags - These are the large brewing tea bags. You can use 12 individual tea bags if you do not have these bigger ones.
- Optional: Lemons - sliced.
Step One - Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil in a large pot.
- Tip: Set aside the other 8 cups of water to add after boiling and mixing in the sugar.
Step Two - Remove from heat and add 3 family size tea bags to your boiling water.
Make sure that all your tea bags are completely submerged in water.
Step Three - Allow tea too steep for 15 minutes. Then remove tea bags and stir in sugar. (add more or less sugar to taste)
Step Four - Add remaining 8 cups of water to tea. Pour into a pitcher and serve tea over ice.
Optional: Add lemon wedge if you would like.
How to store leftover tea:
Keep the tea in your pitcher in the refrigerator. It should last 7-10 days in the refrigerator.
You may need to give the tea a stir before pouring it just from any settling.
Try some of my other drink recipes on the blog:
Dirty Soda - The Dirty Soda is a drink made popular by TikTok that originates from Utah. It is a soda mixed with cream that is surprisingly amazing!
Coke Float - This Classic Coke Float is the perfect dessert drink. Made with just 2 ingredients, ice cream and Coca-Cola, you cannot go wrong with this drink. Enjoy it anytime of year for a creamy tasty drink.
Homemade Lemonade - The BEST Homemade Lemonade! It's the perfect drink for these warm summer days and so simple to make. Made with fresh lemons, this drink is tart and sweet for the perfect summer drink.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 3 family size tea bags (or 12 individual tea bags)
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 cups water (divided)
- Optional: lemon sliced
- Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil in a large pot.
- Remove from heat and add 3 family size tea bags to your boiling water. Make sure that all your tea bags are completely submerged in water.
- Allow tea too steep for 15 minutes. Then remove tea bags and stir in sugar. (add more or less sugar to taste)
- Add remaining 8 oz of water to tea. Pour into a pitcher and serve tea over ice.
- Optional: add lemon wedge
Leave a Reply