After Easter, we will all have way too many hard-boiled eggs. I have the perfect way to use them with the BEST Egg Salad recipe. Egg salad is a classic and easy to make dish.
After Easter, my mom made egg salad for days. We didn't want to waste our Easter eggs, and it was really neat as a kid to have blue and purple eggs in my egg salad.
We would just add a little mayo to the smashed eggs and call it a day. I'm taking egg salad to a whole new level with this recipe. I
t's fluffy and full of flavor, and if I do say so myself the greatest egg salad I have ever had.
How to make The BEST Egg Salad?
Step one: Start by preparing your eggs. Boil them until cooked through.
- For tips on the best way to boil and peel an egg check out my post How to Boil an Egg.
Step two: In a mixing bowl whisk together your whipped cream cheese, mayo, and mustard. Add seasonings and mix together well.
Step three: Once your eggs are done you can peel the boiled eggs and add them to your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together. Add green onions and mix.
Step four: When your egg salad is mixed you can serve. Serve on bread, croissants, or on a salad.
Refrigerate your egg salad in an airtight container for 3-5 days. If your egg salad gets watery or loses color those are signs that it might be time to toss it.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
The Best Egg Salad
- 9 Eggs
- 5 tablespoons Whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Celery seed
- 3 tablespoon Green onions diced
- Start by boiling your eggs.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together your whipped cream cheese, mayo, and mustard. Add seasonings and mix together well.
- Peel boiled eggs and add them to your mixing bowl with your base. Use a fork to mash and mix together. Add green onions and mix.
- Serve on bread, croissants, or on a salad.