Tuna Macaroni Salad or Tuna Pasta Salad is a classic side dish recipe that is super easy to make. Made with macaroni noodles, canned tuna, hardboiled eggs, frozen peas all mixed together with mayonnaise and seasoning to make this dish.
This Tuna Macaroni Salad recipe is a classic recipe both my husband and I have been eating since we were kids. This Tuna Pasta Salad can be made as a main course or a side dish.
Macaroni Tuna Salad is very easy to make. My husband's family used to eat this as their main course. In my family we served it at family gatherings as more of a side dish than the main entree. No matter how you serve it, this is a pasta salad that goes a long way and is full of flavor.
How to make Tuna Macaroni Salad:
Cook your noodles according to the box instructions. Allow enough time for your frozen peas to thaw before mixing everything together as well. I also suggest allowing the noodles to cool off before mixing the pasta salad together.
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. In a large bowl add in your noodles and then all the other ingredients on top of the noodles.
Gently mix it all together until everything is mixed evenly. Pour on the dressing and then toss and coat the pasta salad.
- Elbow Macaroni
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Canned Tuna packed in water - drained well
- Celery - diced
- Yellow Onion - diced
- Frozen Peas - thawed
- Hard Boiled Eggs
Step One - Cook elbow macaroni pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Step Two - To a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
Step Three - To a large mixing bowl add cooked and cool macaroni, cans of tuna that have been drained well, diced celery, diced onion, and frozen and thawed peas. Mix together.
Step Four - Add mayonnaise mixture from small mixing bowl to your large mixing bowl and stir.
Step Five - Peel and dice hard-boiled eggs then add to your pasta. Mix again.
Step Six - Place tuna pasta salad in the fridge covered to chill for several hours then serve and enjoy.
Can I use a different noodle for this recipe?
The most common and typical noodle to use with this recipe would be Macaroni noodles. I like using rotini or shell noodles as well.
Can I make Tuna Pasta Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can definitely make this pasta salad ahead of time. Just make it like you would and then keep covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Making this 24 hours in advance would totally be ok!
Try some of my other favorite pasta salad recipes:
Taco Pasta Salad - Seasoned with taco seasonings this Easy Taco Pasta Salad is the perfect summertime side dish. It's filled with green onions, bell peppers, corn, Mexican shredded cheese, and completely delicious!
Italian Pasta Salad - This Italian Pasta Salad is an amazing replacement for a simple lunchtime Italian Sub. You will love this hearty lunch salad, and anyone seeing you eat this will be jealous!
Pizza Pasta Salad - An easy side dish that everyone loves. This Pizza Pasta Salad is made with pasta that has been tossed in Italian dressing and parmesan cheese. With all your favorite pizza toppings mixed this recipe is sure to please.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 5 oz canned tuna packed in water (drained well)
- 4 ribs celery (diced)
- ½ cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs
- Cook elbow macaroni pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- To a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add cooked and cool macaroni, cans of tuna that have been drained well, diced celery, diced onion, and frozen and thawed peas. Mix together.
- Add mayonnaise mixture from small mixing bowl to your large mixing bowl and stir.
- Peel and dice hard-boiled eggs then add to your pasta. Mix again.
- Place tuna pasta salad in the fridge covered to chill for several hours then serve and enjoy.