One of my favorite easy dinner recipes. These Baked Meatballs on top of spaghetti perfectly or make the perfect appetizer.
Spaghetti and meatballs, the classic dinner! When you grow up as poor as I did you eat spaghetti a lot. It was on the menu at least twice a week, but we always tried to change it up. Meatballs and marinara one day, Alfredo another, and of course the favorite of every 9 year old ranch dressing and melted cheese singles. My sisters and I got pretty creative with our spaghetti dinners. My all time favorite though is just the classic with these simple and easy Baked Meatballs.
My granny made meatballs the old fashion way right in the skillet. Greasy and yummy and tasted amazing. My mom though (being a woman after my own heart) decided to bake hers! No grease splatters and no mess. No babysitting the stove top. Just toss them in the oven until done.
How to make Baked Meatballs:
- Preheat oven.
- Prepare a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Form balls and place it on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until meatballs are cooked through.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of you form your meatballs.
My favorite part is adding a little sauce to my meatballs. I usually add whatever sauce I am cooking with so for this recipe I added 2 tbsp of marinara. Any sauce you are using will work, and it gives it that extra flavor and keeps the meatballs nice and moist. All you need to do is mix everything together then toss them in the oven. I baked mine for close to 18 minutes, but the time will really just depend on how large you make your meatballs.
Incase you have some leftover spaghetti, try these recipes next:
Chicken Spaghetti: This recipe is so creamy and cheesy and the perfect way to change ups your spaghetti dinner.
Taco Spaghetti: I bet you could have guest this one was my favorite. I love taco anything.
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti: This simple recipe is made with 5 ingredients and one of my kids all time favorites.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 1 pound Ground beef
- ½ cup Onion (finely diced)
- ¼ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Marinara sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix together until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Form balls and place it on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of you form your meatballs.
SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave
Hi! What’s in the tablespoon of Italian seasoning?
Ho Nancy, I buy an Italian seasoning blend. It is usually a blend of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and sage.