Simple to make and one my kids even love. This Ground Beef Stroganoff is a recipe that you have to try, plus its done in 30 minutes.
This Ground Beef Stroganoff was a hit in my house! My kids love sour cream so I new it would win them over. I did make this recipe more kid friendly and instead of using fresh mushrooms I used a can of cream of mushroom soup. We served are with egg noddles but any pasta would be great to serve with it. I also served streamed broccoli with it. If you want some side dish ideas to go with your stroganoff off check out these.
What to serve with Ground Beef Stroganoff:
How to make Ground Beef Stroganoff:
- In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook and crumble ground beef until fully cooked. Drain the fat and set the ground beef aside.
- Use the same skillet to melt butter then add in flour and whisked. Add in beef broth. Whisking continuously until you have no lumps.
- Add in cream of mushroom soup and ground beef and mix.
- Remove from heat and add in sour cream then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain then serve with the ground beef stroganoff.
- I served mine with fresh parsley for garnish to make the picture pretty
Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms:
I know beef stroganoff traditionally has mushrooms in it but I wanted to make a recipe that was more kid friendly. This recipe does call for cream of mushroom but if you want no mushrooms at all skip the soup and add more sour cream. You may also want to add more salt and pepper to taste.
Have leftover ground beef? Check out these recipes next:
Taco Stuffed Shells: My favorite way to make stuffed shells. Cream cheese, salsa, ground beef, and seasoning, it’s amazing.
Beef and Rice Casserole: This casserole is a classic. It’s simple to make and one the entire family will love.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce: Did you think spaghetti could get any easier! How about slow cockering a homemade sauce, simple and taste amazing.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour crem
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz egg noodles
In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook and crumble ground beef until fully cooked. Drain the fat and set the ground beef aside.
Use the same skillet (without the beef in it) to melt butter. Once melted add in flour and whisked. Once ingredients are well combined and a thick pasta form slowly add in beef broth. Whisking continuously until you have no lumps.
Add in cream of mushroom soup and ground beef and mix well until heated through out.
Remove from heat and add in sour cream then season with salt and pepper.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain then serve with the ground beef stroganoff.
I served mine with fresh parsley for garnish.