Slow Cooker Swiss Steak is a classic recipe that has been made for generations. It is a round steak slow cooked in tomatoes and onions that make a great sauce. You will love this easy to make recipe!
My mom has been making this recipe for Slow Cooker Swiss Steak for as long as I can remember. We didn't have it often growing up, but when we did, I loved it!
This is a classic recipe that has been around for years, and it is one of my favorites.
How to make Slow Cooker Swiss Steak:
Prep: I love a good slow cooker meal. Put all my ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do all the work.
This recipe is just that simple with just a little bit of prep work. Coat your steak cuts in the flour, salt and pepper mixture.
Mix together your tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
Cook and Serve: Place your onions in the slow cooker first, followed by the steaks and the tomato mixture. Cook and then enjoy!
- Beef Round Steak - cut into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Salt and Pepper - use more or less to taste.
- White Onion - that has been sliced.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes - I used canned tomatoes.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Cloves - that has been minced.
Step One - Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Coat each steak in flour then set aside.
Step Two - Place onions in the slow cooker and top with flour coated steaks.
Step Three - Mix petite diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
Then pour over steaks and onions in slow cooker.
Step Four - Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until steak is cooked and tender.
Can I use another cut of beef?
Yes, you definitely can use another cut of beef. Some other good cuts of beef would be these options.
Chuck Roast - I would leave this whole and then shred it once done.
Cube Steak - This is another very good and tasty cut of steak for the slow cooker.
Beef Stew Cuts - Beef Stew meat would be another great option for this meal.
How to store leftover Swiss Steak:
Store in a food safe storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The acidity of the tomatoes will break down the meat some as it is stored, so you will want to eat it sooner than later.
Reheat in a skillet on the stove top or microwave.
What to serve with Swiss Steak:
This meal goes perfect with some potatoes and veggies. I have some great recipes for some sides with this dinner.
- World's Best Mashed Potatoes - This is a recipe you will want to try! The World's Best Mashed Potatoes, simple to make and of course tastes amazing!
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes - Loaded with all your favorite toppings these Loaded Smashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal.
- Air Fryer Broccoli - This recipe for the best Air Fryer Broccoli will become a favorite for dinner with your family.
- Roasted Vegetables - These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 ½ pounds beef round steak (cut into 4-5 pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 30 oz petite diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat each steak in flour then set aside.
- Place onions in the slow cooker and top with flour coated steaks.
- Mix petite diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Then pour over steaks and onions in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until steak is cooked and tender.
Leave a Reply