Everything is better with bacon! This Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese is a favorite in our house. It’s loaded and seasoned ground beef, cheese, and of course the bacon.
Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Instructions:
Time to start cooking! Go ahead and cook macaroni according to the box instructions. Once cooked drain and set it aside. Next up cook and crumble ground beef. Then add seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard to ground beef and mix well. Add cooked noodles to ground beef. Turn heat on low and add milk and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well until cheese is fully melted and noodles are evenly coated. Add cooked crumbled bacon and mix well. Last add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and allow to cook on low until thickened.
More Recipes using Macaroni:
To save on dishes I once my pasta is done I use a colander and leave my pasta in that. I cook my beef in the same pot then once cooked add my pasta back in it. Fewer dishes to clean up when done!
Save money on groceries:
- Bacon can be pretty expensive but I find turkey bacon to be cheaper and with it’s less fat. If you want to save a few dollars then go for the turkey bacon instead.
- Buy in bulk. I like buying things like ground beef in bulk. I know my family will use it so I divided it up when I buy it into smaller portions for different meals. You can also buy dry good like pasta in bulk. Since it has a much longer shelf-life you can buy it once and use it for several different recipes (I’ve shared more Mac and cheese recipes below).
- If you don’t know where to start with saving grocery money and you need to as much as I did then take advice from the experts. The Grocery Budget Makeover is a way that I helped save my family money each month. Her course is incredible and one to need to check out, you can learn more about it HERE.
More Cheeseburger Inspired Recipes:
Cheeseburger Casserole: This simple Cheeseburger Casserole is a classic dinner recipe that your family will be asking for again and again!
Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla: This may be my favorite way to do a quesadilla! These Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla are full of flavor and taste amazing, you must try them out!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes: Cheesy and creamy, a new way to do the classic! These Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes will have you drooling with all the bacon and cheesy flavors inside.
- 1 pound Elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard (optional)
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Optional: extra shredded cheese to top and green onions
Start by cooking macaroni according to the box instructions. Drain and set aside.
Cook and crumble ground beef. Add seasoning salt, pepper, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard to ground beef and mix well.
- Add cooked noodles to ground beef. Turn heat on low and add milk and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well until cheese is fully melted and noodles are evenly coated.
- Add cooked crumbled bacon and mix well. Last add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and allow to cook on low until thickened. Serve it and enjoy!
Optional: Serve topped with shredded cheese, more bacon, and green onions.