This Chocolate Pudding Pie is a great dessert that is super easy to make. You can make your own crust or use a store bought one, either way it's rich and creamy everyone will love it.
This Chocolate Pudding Pie is amazing! My husband loves this pie and is always requesting it. His family always made one at Christmas time, so he is always asking for this pie at the holidays.
It is super easy to make, rich and creamy with a light whipped cream topping. Everyone will love it, and you may have to make two!
How to make a Chocolate Pudding Pie:
Chocolate Pudding Pie is easy to make. Prepare your pie crust, whether you are making one homemade or using a store bought one.
Make your pudding mix and then pour it into the pie crust. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Before serving top with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
- Pie Crust - Homemade Pie Crust or store bought will work.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Cold Milk - I used 2% for this recipe. Whole milk would also work and would be a little richer in the pudding.
- Whipped Topping - thawed.
- Optional: Chocolate Shavings for garnish.
Step One - Prepare your crust according to the package directions or prepare your own and blind bake it. Once baked set aside to cool.
Step Two - Prepare your pudding according to the package directions using your 2 ¾ cups cold milk.
Step Three - Pour pudding into prepared pie crust and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or until pudding is set.
Step Four - Spread out whipped topping over your pudding pie. Optional: top your pie with chocolate shavings. Slice and serve.
How to store this pie:
This pie needs to be refrigerated. So, if you don't eat the whole thing store covered in the frig until you are ready to finish it! Just lightly cover it with plastic wrap.
What kind of Pie Crust is best?
So, this recipe can be made with a variety of different crusts. You can make a pie crust at home or buy a premade one at the store.
I linked my recipe above in the ingredients section. To make things a tad easier though, buy a pie crust from the store and bake that.
Or go a step further, and but a graham cracker crust and make this a No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 14 oz traditional pie crust
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding (3.9 oz box each)
- 2 ¾ cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping (thawed)
- Optional: chocolate shavings for garnish.
- Prepare your crust according to the package directions or prepare your own and blind bake it. Once baked set aside to cool.
- Prepare your pudding according to the package directions using your 2 ¾ cups cold milk.
- Pour pudding into prepared pie crust and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour or until pudding is set.
- Spread out whipped topping over your pudding pie. Optional: top your pie with chocolate shavings. Slice and serve.