This Creamy Smoked Sausage Spinach and Potato Soup is full of bold flavors and will easily become a favorite. The best part, it’s so simple and easy to make.
Creamy Smoked Sausage Spinach and Potato Soup
I love soup, like really, really love soup. In all forms and I could eat it every day. I usually make a big pot for dinner and then eat it for lunch for the rest of the week. This Creamy Smoked Sausage Spinach and Potato Soup is one of my favorites since it’s so full of flavor and has a little kick to it. It’s spring time here which means rain, rain, rain. So this recipe is perfect for this weather. Even though I’m counting down the days until summer I’ll enjoy the cool rain and a warm bowl of soup while it’s here.
For this recipe, I started with onion, garlic, smoked sausage, spinach, and seasonings. To make the soup nice and creamy I added milk in with my broth. I even added a little spice with cayenne pepper, and let it all simmer with the potatoes until tender. I cooked everything in a large soup pot and with little work dinner was ready!
Creamy Smoked Sausage, Spinach, and Potato Soup is a hearty, filling soup that you will make over and over!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 12 oz Smoked sausage
- 3 cups Spinach torn
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 cups Yellow potatoes cubed
- 32 oz Chicken broth
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Melt butter and heat olive oil in a large pot. Add diced onions, minced garlic, smoked sausage, spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes and then add chicken broth, and milk. Season with oregano and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender and cooked though.
- Add more seasoning to taste, serve and enjoy!