This Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is simply amazing! It's made in the slow cooker and full of amazing flavors. You will not want to miss out on this recipe.
A Classic Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup:
I love soup! It's always been one of my favorites, something about that is so warm and comforting. This Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is a classic recipe. It's made with boneless and chicken breast, veggies, and rice. Seasoned to perfection and served warm, it's the perfect soup!
When the seasons change and everyone is getting sick this recipe is actually my favorite to serve. During those seasons I always keep these ingredients on hand, just in case.
How to make Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup:
Step one: Place all ingredients into your slow cooker expect for your rice. You will be cooking and adding this in later. Once all ingredients are in the slow cooker then allow cooking on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until your chicken is tender and cooked through.
Step two: Once your chicken is cooked through remove it from your soup and shred. Once shredded at it back to your soup and mix well.
Step three: Prepare instant rice according to the package directions. Once cooked add to your soup and mix well. When all ingredients are incorporated serve and enjoy.
- Tip: Cooking the rice separately will help it from getting mushy. Since it only takes 5 minutes extra I prefer it this way.
Freezing Chicken and Rice Soup:
This soup is great for freezing. You can cook and add in the rice or add it in when it's time to heat up. Either way will work but I like to wait and add it in later.
Once your soup is ready, cool it to room temperature. Place your soup in a large freezer bag and seal. Lay your soup flat in the freezer. When you are ready to serve place it in the fridge overnight to thaw then heat as needed.
If you want this soup in less time or happen to have leftovers you can use precooked shredded chicken. Whenever I have leftover All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken I add it to this soup and cook until the veggies are tender.
I love soup! Here are a few more of my favorite soup recipes.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup instant rice ( I used white rice)
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker EXPECT for your rice. Allow cooking on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Until chicken is cooked through.
- Once your chicken is cooked through remove it from your soup and shred. Once shredded at it back to your soup and mix well.
- Prepare instant rice according to the package directions. Once cooked add to your soup and mix well. When all ingredients are incorporated serve and enjoy.