This Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is simply amazing! It's made in the slow cooker and full of amazing flavors. You will not want to miss out on this recipe.
A Classic Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup:
I love soup! It's always been one of my favorites, something about that is so warm and comforting. This Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is a classic recipe.
When the seasons change and everyone is getting sick this recipe is actually my favorite to serve. During those seasons I always keep these ingredients on hand, just in case.
Some of my favorite soups are my Taco Soup, Vegetable Soup, and my Broccoli Cheese Soup.
How to make Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup:
It's made with boneless and chicken breast, veggies, and rice. Seasoned to perfection and served warm, it's the perfect soup!
- Chicken Breast: boneless and skinless.
- Seasoning: I used garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Unsalted Butter
- Chicken Broth
- Veggies: I used carrots, celery, and onion.
- Instant Rice: I used white rice.
Step one: Place all ingredients into your slow cooker except for your rice.
You will be cooking and adding this in later. I found this to be the best way so the rice does not get mushy during cooking.
Once all ingredients are in the slow cooker then allow cooking on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until your chicken is tender and cooked through.
Step two: Once your chicken is cooked through remove it from your soup and shred. Once shredded at it back to your soup and mix well.
Step three: Prepare instant rice according to the package directions. Once cooked add to your soup and mix well. When all ingredients are incorporated serve and enjoy.
- Tip: Cooking the rice separately will help it from getting mushy. Since it only takes 5 minutes extra I prefer it this way.
Freezing Chicken and Rice Soup:
This soup is great for freezing. You can cook and add in the rice or add it in when it's time to heat up. Either way will work but I like to wait and add it in later.
Once your soup is ready, cool it to room temperature. Place your soup in a large freezer bag and seal. Lay your soup flat in the freezer.
When you are ready to serve place it in the fridge overnight to thaw then heat as needed.
What can I serve with this soup?
- Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - The best Easy Homemade Garlic Bread. It's made with garlic butter, seasoning, and topped with shredded mozzarella. It's the perfect side to any Italian meal. You can't go wrong with offering this as a side with any meal, to be honest!
- Garlic Flat Breadsticks - The EASIEST way to make garlic breadsticks. These Garlic Flat Breadsticks are the perfect side dish to your pasta dinner.
- Mini Corn Bread Muffins - Made with real corn these sweet Mini Corn Bread Muffins make the perfect side for any soup or stew. Baked in your mini muffin tin for a perfect bite-size treat.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, eave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Crock-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup instant rice ( I used white rice)
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker except for your rice. Allow cooking on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Until chicken is cooked through.
- Once your chicken is cooked through remove it from your soup and shred. Once shredded at it back to your soup and mix well.
- Prepare instant rice according to the package directions. Once cooked add to your soup and mix well. When all ingredients are incorporated serve and enjoy.
I am making it today ... As well as the veggies in the recipe I added chopped red peppers and broccoli
I also used chicken thighs ... I find that they don't dry out as much as chicken breasts
So glad you liked this recipe!
I am a new follower 🙂 found your blog via Endlessly Beloved !! Love your blog !! and can't wait to try this recipe !!!
Looks so yummy. I like the idea of rice instead of noodles - it's a nice change. Will be trying this one soon! 🙂
This soup looks really good! I never thought of adding rice in my soup. My family loves rice so I am sure this would be a winner. Sharing this!
Stopping by from the "Mom Diaries Link Up". Following you via Bloglovin, GFC+, Twitter, and Facebook.
Have a great week 🙂
This looks yummy! I love how you did that.
Frugal AND delish? Yes, please! I will definitely try this recipe. Thanks!
My Way to Fit and Fab
Yum! Looks good! I might have to make some with my next 'whole chicken'